MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By ralphyartis' Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:06 am
As an MPC Hardware user and not an owner of the Renaissance, Studio or Element I would find it useful if Akai would release a paid software version only for us MPC standalone users being that the software is compatible with MPC PGMs and SEQ files. Anyone else out there agree this would be useful and beneficial to both Akai and MPC users? Just putting it out there, I would pay for the software if I could use it with out the renaissance or other controllers.
By kaydigi Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:11 am
ralphyartis' wrote:Well I just meant if Akai would release the same software, but a paid version that does not need to have one of those controllers connected to it in order for it to work. I'm not interested in using any of those controllers at all.

I only brought up price because that's the average price of software nowadays. You don't need to have the controller hooked up to use it. Only for the initial install, this is for version 1.5 and up.

I do most of my work in my hardware MPC and just move it to the PC for a quick track out. Pretty fast for me.
By pspsounds Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 am
ralphyartis' wrote:Is that right? All I've read around the forum is complaints from users who can not use the software without having a controller tethered to the computer.

That was the case in earlier versions but you can now use the software without the controller.

Edit: You would only need the controller attached when you first launch the software.
By inflict3 Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:50 am
Just pick up reason7 it can do anything the mpcsoftware can do plus more.. u can chop right in reason now and the timestrech is **** sweet!!
By ralphyartis' Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:25 am
Yea I've seen and heard reason is dope but it's a whole 'nother animal. I want to keep the same MPC workflow. My mind has done a 180 on me and I'm really feeling the idea of picking up an MPC Studio and I may just take some of this other gear I've got laying around to GC and do a trade for one.
By inflict3 Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 am
ralphyartis' wrote:I did it, picked up the MPC Studio last week, and I'm loving it! Not sure why I was so hesitant before. This thing is amazing! Thanks kaydigi for your suggestion. I shouldn't have slept this long.

how you liking it?? don't forget your trusty 500 now!! :o
By ralphyartis' Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:43 am
its great but I wont be getting rid of my 500 anytime soon. Theres still something about being tethered to a computer that bugs me. My laptop may one day fail and when that day come I'll still have my 500 to rely on.

The added mixing capabilities and easy integration of my komplete instruments and effects makes me very happy.

For the price, it's well worth it.
By inflict3 Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:32 pm
ralphyartis' wrote:Inflict I checked your youtube channel and I'm feeling your beat vids. Keep posting they leave me inspired. Especially the 500 vids. Thanks!!

thank you homie!! that means a lot !!! i do have more to post..in the next few days i will pick a day, take a few shots of Absinth a few BHO hits and record another vid. I've just been having soooo much fun with this "shift timing" feature" lately (mode+pad 10)... :mrgreen: