MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Chillin Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 pm
ralphyartis' wrote:As an MPC Hardware user and not an owner of the Renaissance, Studio or Element I would find it useful if Akai would release a paid software version only for us MPC standalone users being that the software is compatible with MPC PGMs and SEQ files. Anyone else out there agree this would be useful and beneficial to both Akai and MPC users? Just putting it out there, I would pay for the software if I could use it with out the renaissance or other controllers.

You can forgot about such support, I was told personally that the MPC 5000 has been discontinued, despite of past references and mentionings on OS 3.0.

There will be no support or update, despite of the bugs.
By SimonInAustralia Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 pm
Chillin wrote:You can forgot about such support, I was told personally that the MPC 5000 has been discontinued, despite of past references and mentionings on OS 3.0.

He is not talking about a new OS for the MPC5000.

He is talking about being able to buy MPC Software, by itself, separately from an MPC Renaissance or MPC Studio, so he can load his MPC5000 programs/sequences into MPC Software, and use them within MPC Software, without having to buy an MPC controller.
By Chillin Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:29 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
Chillin wrote:You can forgot about such support, I was told personally that the MPC 5000 has been discontinued, despite of past references and mentionings on OS 3.0.

He is not talking about a new OS for the MPC5000.

He is talking about being able to buy MPC Software, by itself, separately from an MPC Renaissance or MPC Studio, so he can load his MPC5000 programs/sequences into MPC Software, and use them within MPC Software, without having to buy an MPC controller.

I see,

But why the "extra software" on a computer?

Unless it would become a "standalone version" with dedicated software track mixer, which recognizes the MPC5000, or any other hardware MPC pmg settings.

It seems like a great idea and cool implementation. However, this brings us again to the former statement. There will be no update. Let alone older MPC's. So it's out if the question.

But I recon, it would have been a great idea to boost some fresh breath into all the older MPC's.

It's not that it can't be done. The software is basically here, since you can track out the "hardware MPC" pmg's, into the MPC Ren/ studio software.

It seems a great idea for a independent project. Or a blueprint for the upcoming MPC.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:02 am
Chillin wrote:The software is basically here, since you can track out the "hardware MPC" pmg's, into the MPC Ren/ studio software.

I was wrong, he wanted to be able to buy MPC Software, by itself, so he could load his MPC500 programs/sequences into MPC Software, without having to buy an MPC Renaissance or MPC Studio.

Doesn't matter for the OP anyway, he bought an MPC Studio.
By labcoats Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:56 am
And it was a success story - which is a bit rare around these parts. :nod:

IMHO the ability to easily move hardware mpc progs and sequences over to the software and straight in to the daw is well worth the entry price, particularly in the case of any Mpcs which don't have a particular sound.
By 313 studio tricks Sat May 03, 2014 12:39 am
labcoats wrote:And it was a success story - which is a bit rare around these parts. :nod:

IMHO the ability to easily move hardware mpc progs and sequences over to the software and straight in to the daw is well worth the entry price, particularly in the case of any Mpcs which don't have a particular sound.

well! i feel better now.
By inflict3 Wed May 07, 2014 5:55 am
there is always JJ sequencer.. i played with it tonight, controlling it with my 500 via midi. loads up my mpc programs and seq data..pc only.. this pc is from 07 it sits out in my shed..