MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

By Lokaali Moraali Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:18 pm
- NDC

- NEW LOOPING OPTIONS

- ALL FOR Q-LINKS

- HZ BASED FILTER CUTOFF FREQUENCY (steps from q-link and accurant by jogwheel)

- RENAME, SAVE & DELETE EVERYTHING FROM CONTROLLER

I think that's what i want to see. What do you?

- ZOOMING FROM SHIFT (or maybe +/-) +JOGWHEEL (contrast with erase+jogwheel)

- ERASE + NOTE REPEAT COULD LEAD TO STEP EDIT (that would be very fast button combo)
Last edited by Lokaali Moraali on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:26 pm
- Direct Recording/Record Event

- 4 external MIDI outs from plugin
By TT_Lab Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:41 pm
Adding to what has been said, here some things I miss:
-MIXER THINGy :mrgreen:
-MONO EXPORT - MONO TRACKS - MONO RECORD (Proper mono or stereo source selectable a la reason)
-PAD SELECTION FROM HARDWARE THE "ALL" OPTION
-A SECOND FILTER PER PAD IN PGM EDIT
And some other minor things such as:
Track reorganization, AAX plugin, Rewire...
By Der Ichling Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 am
TT_Lab wrote:-MONO EXPORT - MONO TRACKS - MONO RECORD (Proper mono or stereo source selectable a la reason)

in fact mono recording of samples/ through a mic is quite simple and functionable. don't get it, whats the matter?
By FatGyver Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:50 am
Lokaali Moraali wrote:- ZOOMING FROM SHIFT+JOGWHEEL (contrast with erase+jogwheel)

This! Really, I've been saying this before…so doable, so necessary.
By TT_Lab Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:25 pm
Der Ichling wrote:
TT_Lab wrote:-MONO EXPORT - MONO TRACKS - MONO RECORD (Proper mono or stereo source selectable a la reason)

in fact mono recording of samples/ through a mic is quite simple and functionable. don't get it, whats the matter?

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=166971
By jacekk Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 pm
global mixer and audio tracks
ByMPCHolland053 Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:17 am
Indeed :smoker:
By FatGyver Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:13 am
Ability to sort tracks. Sometimes I lay a beat on one track but later on feel the need to make a copy of it to detach, say, a snare on its own channel. The original beat is on track 1 but the snare often ends up being channel 12 or so, and I'd like to be able to have all relevant tracks side by side in the mixer. Sorting the tracks is what comes in handy here.
You can do this in MPC 4000, for example.
By Heavie Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:22 am
Lokaali Moraali wrote:- NDC

- NEW LOOPING OPTIONS

- ALL FOR Q-LINKS

- HZ BASED FILTER CUTOFF FREQUENCY (steps from q-link and accurant by jogwheel)

- RENAME, SAVE & DELETE EVERYTHING FROM CONTROLLER

I think that's what i want to see. What do you?

- ZOOMING FROM SHIFT (or maybe +/-) +JOGWHEEL (contrast with erase+jogwheel)

- ERASE + NOTE REPEAT COULD LEAD TO STEP EDIT (that would be very fast button combo)

Is this real or is this another dream list?
By es-k Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:42 pm
the fact that we cant automate parameters of a program over all pads at once is a huge detriment to workflow for me.. or at least a creative limitation that really bugs me. especially when automation can be so cool and achieve such good results.. when working with multiple sample chops automation is very limited in the ren.

the "auto" key on maschine sh*ts all over the mpcs version of automation.. (no hate intended - but its just so soooo simple... hold the auto key, turn knob relating to ANYTHING and the change is recorded.... its so nice! there's really no simple way to implement something similar? for example ... press overdub, hold QLINK TRIGGER .. or SHIFT + turn q link = recorded automation of whatever parameter in program edit,. even if you have ALL selected it would record the "filter cutoff" across all pads in pgm... just an idea!! salute)
By Rokgod Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:59 pm
es-k wrote:the fact that we cant automate parameters of a program over all pads at once is a huge detriment to workflow for me.. or at least a creative limitation that really bugs me. especially when automation can be so cool and achieve such good results.. when working with multiple sample chops automation is very limited in the ren.

the "auto" key on maschine sh*ts all over the mpcs version of automation.. (no hate intended - but its just so soooo simple... hold the auto key, turn knob relating to ANYTHING and the change is recorded.... its so nice! there's really no simple way to implement something similar? for example ... press overdub, hold QLINK TRIGGER .. or SHIFT + turn q link = recorded automation of whatever parameter in program edit,. even if you have ALL selected it would record the "filter cutoff" across all pads in pgm... just an idea!! salute)

Agree 100% They should focus on this for 1.8 at least, by now it should be there. Automation should be high on the list because like you said it's embarrassingly limited and hurts workflow and creativity when you are trying to automate a whole program with lots of chops.