MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By monogee Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:48 pm
I would like to be able to select all the events in the List Editor and simultaneously change the value of an event.
By benKingsley Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:42 pm
InspectahEX wrote:
Agree 100% They should focus on this for 1.8 at least, by now it should be there. Automation should be high on the list because like you said it's embarrassingly limited and hurts workflow and creativity when you are trying to automate a whole program with lots of chops.

Totally agree but without audio or rewire support this does nothing for me.
By jigdagod Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 am
Eyalc wrote:Virtual outputs. 48 of them. Or at least 24. Stereo.

This right here. I don't know why we can't have as many as we want anyways. I would love to use this in plugin mode more.
By NavNek Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm
I would like to see the MPC software saving tweaks and settings in all supported (au) plugins, so I won't have to redo all the tweaking after reloading a project.
(Korg Legacy, Kontakt)
By Rokgod Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:28 pm
jigdagod wrote:
Eyalc wrote:Virtual outputs. 48 of them. Or at least 24. Stereo.

This right here. I don't know why we can't have as many as we want anyways. I would love to use this in plugin mode more.

I agree, need more virtual outputs 16 mono/8 stereo is NOTHING
By shanesuede Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:52 am
Able to record with Track Muting in song mode and save it.
By knoqcotic Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:08 am
Rewire, MIDI plugin support and global mixer. Mabye a chord memorize function with arpeggio function and a spectrum view mode in the sample edit window.
By highcaliba Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:10 pm
Adding ANY one of these would be a game changer for me.

1. plugin delay compensation

2. customizable keyboard/hardware shortcuts (so people can have there zoom and other functions where they want them)

3. drag and drop audio or midi from REN to DAW

4. audio tracks

5. track explode

6. multi-timberal functionality

7. Allow sequence played in the MP software to be displayed as midi in DAW for DAW sequencing (like most other plugins)

8. This isn't important.... but it would be cool if we can adjust the GUI color like ableton.

9. the ability to set the audio input to record internally what ever is coming from the cpu (for those who don't have the REN or don't wanna carry a audio interface everywhere they go)
By SimonInAustralia Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 pm
highcaliba wrote:7. Allow sequence played in the MP software to be displayed as midi in DAW for DAW sequencing (like most other plugins)

Are these 'most other plugins' sequencers, within a DAW?

How do other sequencer plugins display their seqeuences as MIDI in a DAW?
By vwkountz Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm
Here are my issues that 1.7 can fix:
Audio playback without creating a REX file or Chopping
REWIRE to overcome plugin limits and that small plugin screen
Make creating fade ins and outs easier may use the knobs to help with that.
Why is there no way to select the PAD Zones from the hardware this can only be done in the software
A button to open plugin from the hardware.
By vwkountz Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 am
One more crazy pie in the sky idea for 1.7

Example: I create 20 sequences in MPC software in one project and/or I create a song with various tempos. I open that project in a DAW as a plugin, but the DAWs tempo takes over which leave me trying to figure out the tempo of each sequence and song. Would there be a way to add a info file that shows the tempo of each sequence to quickly dial it into my DAW. I currently use Studio One, so let me apologize if no else has this issue.

Maybe hover over/right click the sequence/song and it has the tempo info at last save or add a notepad file in the project save folder to reference tempo for the sequences and songs created. I enjoy the software and the hardware, but a bit of a learning with using the REN as a plugin vs. tracking out to the DAW. I think that is why a majority of user are mentioning REWIRE.
By highcaliba Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:13 pm
@SimonInAustralia ..Yes they are within a DAW. This is what I mean by wanting the MP midi to display in DAW like "most other plugins' sequencers". Notice how all drums played through battery are showing up in Logic Pro's arrange window instead of in the plugin window... It just makes song arranging a lot more convenient especially since these DAW's like Pro Tools and Logic have a lot more editing capabilities arranging songs than MP's song mode.

By dazastah Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm
The mpc plugin would have to support multi timbral out to do that...
That's the feature you want..

To do that, you'd have to assign each track a midi channel(at least) in the mpc soft plugin, and then match it in your daw seq. there wouldn't really be a automatic way of doing it...
By SimonInAustralia Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 pm
highcaliba wrote:@SimonInAustralia ..Yes they are within a DAW. This is what I mean by wanting the MP midi to display in DAW like "most other plugins' sequencers". Notice how all drums played through battery are showing up in Logic Pro's arrange window instead of in the plugin window... It just makes song arranging a lot more convenient especially since these DAW's like Pro Tools and Logic have a lot more editing capabilities arranging songs than MP's song mode.

Is Battery a sequencer, or just a software sampler plugin?

With Battery, aren't you sequencing the sounds from the DAW, all the time, not from the plugin?

With MPC Software, you are sequencing the sounds from sequencer tracks within the plugin, you don't have the sequence in a DAW MIDI track from the start, as you do with a 'normal' software sampler plugin.

MPC Software is a sequencer, a sampler, and a VST host, within a plugin, it is a lot different to just a software sampler plugin being sequenced from a DAW MIDI track.

You could possibly use MPC Elements as a sampler plugin, being sequenced from a DAW MIDI track, if that is what you want.