MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By konc3pt Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 pm
InspectahEX wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:Lot's of bug fixes. Many that weren't even reported by this forum! Many that have been lurking for several versions!

Thats why we are asking what they are, because no one on this forum (majority of Ren users) don't see any enhancements, how can we report them? Isn't that Akai's job? To list changes? and update the manual? Are we supposed to do that for them?

Hellfire, aren't you an official beta tester? You have more say than any of us, I find it hard to believe they have people on this forum officially beta testing, you would think the Ren would be whipped in shape real quick, I don't get it. Honestly you beta testers need to step your beta testing game up with all these bugs getting through and very few improvements getting through. Dead ass, unless Akai doesn't listen to it's beta testers either, I wouldn't be surprised. Any of y'all that have more of a voice to Akai than the average forum member need to get on Akai's ass.

Dude step out outside, get few nice breaths of fresh air, come back in, re-read what you wrote to hellfire and proceed with your apologies statement.

Outta all the beta testers here he aint the guy should be attacking but thanking.

On top of already being a successful producer, dude got no obligation to help out at all and Ren definitely started taking shape when he got involved.

Aint nobody here to blame for pre-mature purchase of Ren but self, I and many others are patiently waiting til it's where we like to see it to make purchase commitment. Knock off finger pointing **** already, especially if you cant point it in the right direction :WTF:
By SimonInAustralia Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 pm
^^^ :nod: :nod: :nod: :smoker:

konc3pt wrote:I and many others are patiently waiting til it's where we like to see it to make purchase commitment.

That is why I think the opinion of non-owners is just as valid as that of owners, even/especially if negative, because the product has to be brought up to a standard where they no longer have that negativity, where they will be convinced to buy it, where more sales resulting from their purchases will contribute to the ongoing development of the product. Their negativity is a positive, in terms of pushing the development to where it needs to go.
By Rokgod Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 pm
konc3pt wrote:
Dude step out outside, get few nice breaths of fresh air, come back in, re-read what you wrote to hellfire and proceed with your apologies statement.

Outta all the beta testers here he aint the guy should be attacking but thanking.

On top of already being a successful producer, dude got no obligation to help out at all and Ren definitely started taking shape when he got involved.

Aint nobody here to blame for pre-mature purchase of Ren but self, I and many others are patiently waiting til it's where we like to see it to make purchase commitment. Knock off finger pointing **** already, especially if you cant point it in the right direction :WTF:

Bro don't even start with that, get off Hellfires dick, if he wants an apology he'll ask for it, I aint disrespect anyone or "blame" anyone. I'm telling Akai and anyone associated with them (beta testers) ALL of them to step their game up. **** outta here with that shit bro
By Rokgod Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
InspectahEX wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:Lot's of bug fixes. Many that weren't even reported by this forum! Many that have been lurking for several versions!

Thats why we are asking what they are, because no one on this forum (majority of Ren users) don't see any enhancements, how can we report them? Isn't that Akai's job? To list changes? and update the manual? Are we supposed to do that for them?

Hellfire, aren't you an official beta tester? You have more say than any of us, I find it hard to believe they have people on this forum officially beta testing, you would think the Ren would be whipped in shape real quick, I don't get it. Honestly you beta testers need to step your beta testing game up with all these bugs getting through and very few improvements getting through. Dead ass, unless Akai doesn't listen to it's beta testers either, I wouldn't be surprised. Any of y'all that have more of a voice to Akai than the average forum member need to get on Akai's ass.

First of all, honestly, you guys need to have a lot more respect for the work we do on our own time. There's a few things you all need to understand in regards to beta testing.

1. We cannot find every single bug. As much as we'd like to, it's not possible. With so many different computer configurations and workflows, there are some things that may happen for one person that another cannot reproduce. That's just the nature of software and why companies rely on user feedback. And there are sometimes bugs that were squashed that pop back up later and may get through.

2. Just because we report doesn't mean it will get fixed right away. We are testers, not programmers. So all we can do is pass on our findings and unfortunately some things take priority over others. But that does not mean our actual job was not done.

3. We don't run the company. We want the same features you all want. Be we have no say or no control over what akai chooses to put in nor when they add it. We just try to make sure what they add works correctly and intuitively.

4. Things take time. Akai doesn't have a huge programming team. It's no secret. Do we want things to go faster? Yes. But again, we do not do the programming and programming is not easy, especially when you have to find ways to make things work in the current design without effecting other functionality in a negative way.

I think you guys think we have more power than we actually have. If akai has a marketing plan and strategy or timeline of when they want to release things, some beta tester is hardly ever going to reach that high up the corporate latter to change that plan. This just how the food chain works!

However, many of you do have legitimate concerns. Not denying that. But I think there is a lot of exaggeration going on around here with absolutely not being able to make any music on this thing due to lack of features. The bugs, I understand how that can destroy a mood. But the machine can do so much more things than the nostalgic machines so many praise then amount of things it can't do that older machines can, especially when you're coming directly from one of these older hardware units.

I showed my respect by dropping $1200 on Akai's product, now Akai needs to respect its customers back.
Last edited by Rokgod on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm
InspectahEX wrote:Honestly you beta testers need to step your beta testing game up with all these bugs getting through and very few improvements getting through.

konc3pt wrote:Dude step out outside, get few nice breaths of fresh air
come back in, re-read what you wrote.

By mcroepster Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 pm
Lampdog wrote:
InspectahEX wrote:Honestly you beta testers need to step your beta testing game up with all these bugs getting through and very few improvements getting through.

konc3pt wrote:Dude step out outside, get few nice breaths of fresh air
come back in, re-read what you wrote.

:nod: :nod:

:popcorn:

:mrgreen:

peace :smoker:
Last edited by mcroepster on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:00 pm
InspectahEX wrote:Bro I got fresh air :smoker:

Good shit then!
By TT_Lab Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:12 pm
You've been disrespecting people who enjoy the Ren, people who beta test the ren and some other forum members. Yes you did!
Grow up and face your own bad choices.
By Rokgod Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:19 pm
You guys are all attacking me as far as I'm concerned this thread was fine till there was a domino effect of people getting butt hurt FOR NO REASON. It's a poll, there's room for different opinions. If you felt disrespected by anything I say, not my fault everyone here is mad sensitive, everything I said I meant it, if you felt dissed or something I don't give a shit. Y'all some babies.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:30 pm
InspectahEX wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
InspectahEX wrote:

First of all, honestly, you guys need to have a lot more respect for the work we do on our own time. There's a few things you all need to understand in regards to beta testing.

1. We cannot find every single bug. As much as we'd like to, it's not possible. With so many different computer configurations and workflows, there are some things that may happen for one person that another cannot reproduce. That's just the nature of software and why companies rely on user feedback. And there are sometimes bugs that were squashed that pop back up later and may get through.

2. Just because we report doesn't mean it will get fixed right away. We are testers, not programmers. So all we can do is pass on our findings and unfortunately some things take priority over others. But that does not mean our actual job was not done.

3. We don't run the company. We want the same features you all want. Be we have no say or no control over what akai chooses to put in nor when they add it. We just try to make sure what they add works correctly and intuitively.

4. Things take time. Akai doesn't have a huge programming team. It's no secret. Do we want things to go faster? Yes. But again, we do not do the programming and programming is not easy, especially when you have to find ways to make things work in the current design without effecting other functionality in a negative way.

I think you guys think we have more power than we actually have. If akai has a marketing plan and strategy or timeline of when they want to release things, some beta tester is hardly ever going to reach that high up the corporate latter to change that plan. This just how the food chain works!

However, many of you do have legitimate concerns. Not denying that. But I think there is a lot of exaggeration going on around here with absolutely not being able to make any music on this thing due to lack of features. The bugs, I understand how that can destroy a mood. But the machine can do so much more things than the nostalgic machines so many praise then amount of things it can't do that older machines can, especially when you're coming directly from one of these older hardware units.

I showed my respect by dropping $1200 on Akai's product, now Akai needs to respect its customers back.

I feel you, but I, nor any of the the outside testers are not Akai. I did not profit off of your $1200. I, and many others of us have paid the same $1200 you did!
By Rokgod Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:42 pm
I don't know how much contact beta testers have with Akai but I'll take your word for it. Just trying to see if you or anyone, can get some more influence or voice more opinion to the akai team.

Hellfire I know you understand me, so I don't have to explain myself to you like I do to these other kids. I know you got the point of what I was saying and I take your word for it that you're doing the best you can given your situation. If everything possible is being done then nothing more I can say on that one.