MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:45 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:^^^ :nod: :nod: :nod: :smoker:

konc3pt wrote:I and many others are patiently waiting til it's where we like to see it to make purchase commitment.

That is why I think the opinion of non-owners is just as valid as that of owners, even/especially if negative, because the product has to be brought up to a standard where they no longer have that negativity, where they will be convinced to buy it, where more sales resulting from their purchases will contribute to the ongoing development of the product. Their negativity is a positive, in terms of pushing the development to where it needs to go.

I agree for the most part. If a non-user that has no intention of ever buying the product, even if it ever improves, just comes here to talk shit and offer nothing constructive, then I value nothing they have to say. But if they are being critical and constructive because they would like to see the product evolve into something they want to buy, I'm all for that. The negative PR is often helpful to solidify some of the issues the testers actually report! So you are correct. I just think some of the negative feedback could be presented more maturely. Then it would be taken a lot more seriously by Akai and the programmers that tried coming around here! I'm not saying to be soft and not be honest and critical, but just more mature about things is all!
By DJ Hellfire Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:54 pm
InspectahEX wrote:I don't know how much contact beta testers have with Akai but I'll take your word for it. Just trying to see if you or anyone, can get some more influence or voice more opinion to the akai team.

Hellfire I know you understand me, so I don't have to explain myself to you like I do to these other kids. I know you got the point of what I was saying and I take your word for it that you're doing the best you can given your situation. If everything possible is being done then nothing more I can say on that one.

I got what you're saying. Just know that we currently have one of the strongest beta teams since Ren's inception, as I think is indicated by the highly increased stability of 1.6. Things are turning around and getting better. The goodies are coming! Just want them to be as reliable and intuitive as possible. I know we've all been waiting for the premier features for what seems like forever. But our forum requests are being noticed!
By Rokgod Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:58 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
I agree for the most part. If a non-user that has no intention of ever buying the product, even if it ever improves, just comes here to talk shit and offer nothing constructive, then I value nothing they have to say. But if they are being critical and constructive because they would like to see the product evolve into something they want to buy, I'm all for that. The negative PR is often helpful to solidify some of the issues the testers actually report! So you are correct. I just think some of the negative feedback could be presented more maturely. Then it would be taken a lot more seriously by Akai and the programmers that tried coming around here! I'm not saying to be soft and not be honest and critical, but just more mature about things is all!

Well said^

My criticism is meant to be constructive so the Ren can become better and hit its potential. Thats my only intent, I agree we can all go about things a little more maturely. If some of you guys that felt "dissed" would just understand my intentions. I do not set out to disrespect people thats for sure.
By Rokgod Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
I got what you're saying. Just know that we currently have one of the strongest beta teams since Ren's inception, as I think is indicated by the highly increased stability of 1.6. Things are turning around and getting better. The goodies are coming! Just want them to be as reliable and intuitive as possible. I know we've all been waiting for the premier features for what seems like forever. But our forum requests are being noticed!

I guess so :smoker: can't argue that if you're telling everything possible is being done.

but.... Why don't they just hire more programmers? I don't get it. Or just get some programmers under temporary contract? Are they even contemplating getting more programmers?
By DJ Hellfire Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 am
InspectahEX wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:

I guess so :smoker: can't argue that if you're telling everything possible is being done.

but.... Why don't they just hire more programmers? I don't get it. Or just get some programmers under temporary contract? Are they even contemplating getting more programmers?

I have no idea! That information is way above my pay grade! 8)
By bobbybland Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:16 am
So the other 290 enhancements are bug fixes? Ok well I guess enhancements sounds better then bug fixes when trying to pimp an update,so...

KEEP IT REAL AKAI.. :lol:
By pk1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 pm
when its all said and done i do appreciate this forum and the beta testers taking time out of their lives for the greater good.

seriously thanks guys.
By bobbybland Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:23 am
I'd like to be on the beta team as well. Whats the forte, how do you get on? :wink:
By pk1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:55 pm
InspectahEX wrote:still trying to figure out these 300 enhancements

off topic cause you will not find the 290 claims.

but you should come join us in these battles. you have a descent sound that i think would hold good ground. we will start a new one on sat.

viewforum.php?f=40