MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By ukbeatmaker Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:21 am
I hope someone from akai is.. Maybe pete?
For a start I have tried selling my ren numerous times because of the buggy software and no one wants to buy it so I guess I'm gonna stick with it and hope akai get off there arses and do something about it! I really like the hardware and the whole look of it In general though so it's a shame.

1st and foremost - we need full support for os mavericks! This is the latest os as you most prob know for mac and this needs to be addressed in the next update ASAP! think of all those new macs out there that can't use the ren/studio cause it's buggy as hell on it! Your losing customers on a daily because of this akai!

2 - give us more virtual outputs in the software! I'd be happy with 16 but really there should be at least 32, not a measly 8!

3 - audio tracks

4 - give us a proper global mixer in the software - the current one really isn't up to scratch!

5 - vintage mode on multiple tracks - seen as this is only a emulation and you mislead your customers in the first few months claiming that it was hardware I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to implement

6 - sort out the issues when bouncing tracks out from the same pgm when they cut off eachother - the software should render all the tracks properly regardless if the same program is used for multiple tracks.

That's about it for me, that would make my ren complete, so comon akai step up your game!

If I've missed anything peeps let us know ..

peace
By Rokgod Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 am
Damn right its a shame

I can barely use my mpc on maverick to a certain extent and its driving me nuts. Apparently this is what we will have to go through every time apple/windows updates one of their OS, which is often. I need my mpc to work all the time regardless of whats going on with my computer, this is why I'm also contemplating going back to hardware MPCs. I can't have my MPC always relying on my computer's OS which is always going to be different/updated. Maverick has been out months already and I'm seriously getting fed up not being able to use my flagship MPC bc its not compatible with up to date computers. Tired of fake features and false advertising. I can't even get someone to buy this thing for more than $600 and I paid well over $1300 plus tax less than 2 years ago!!!!!!!

I made my mind up and its that I will never buy a "new" product from Akai ever again, even if its a product called the MPC 6000 flagship, its never going to come anywhere near the older MPCS. I know they are done with and they don't care anymore, its all about money for them, they work from the company forward, not the consumers backwards.
ByMPCHolland053 Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 pm
Roll a fatty....sit back, and relax, Your kinda right...but This is getting a bit old....and I dunno maybe a bit too much...and trust me I have a lotta crashes and frustrations, but also a lotta fun, and dope tracks, even with al the limitations and shortcomings...so c"Mon...
didn't u made dope stuff with your Ren? At all??? Only can get better and more fun....yes yes already should've been done....but u own the product now, so make the best of it,and I have confidence it will get better

and I asked earlier u smoke medicinal?? (NY weed isn't legal right??)
but stay with the mpc fam. Man...
By Rokgod Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:20 pm
I'm just replying to OP and telling him he's not the only one. I understand his frustration. I can work on the MPC at the moment but I'm very limited due to instability and no support on MaverickOSX. An OS that has been out there for like 4-5 months!
Yeah I smoke but too much isn't good for you, and yes weeds illegal in NY doesn't mean its not easily accessible. I hear you, trying to stay with this mpc, but its not logical when I can get a more powerful reliable machine, I don't doubt the Ren/Studio potential but I worry about Akai's team, their lack of focus and direction with the product, not knowing what features to add, fake features and false advertisements, I rather not deal with it if I can avoid it. Just want to make music with something I know works and I can rely on.

But to the OP

1- agree with MavOSX support ASAP, I mean cmon
2-I agree we need more virtual outputs, its way too limiting at the moment
3-There will be a new mixer in 1.7 so we will see
4-Audio Tracks is cool but lets get the basics down first, still a lot of work to be done
5-Not sure about this, I believe someone figured out some way to do this, not interested tho
6- Not sure what you're talking about here, I don't usually use the bounce feature but I think I will mess with it later, wondering about this.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:28 pm
ukbeatmaker wrote:5 - vintage mode on multiple tracks - seen as this is only a emulation and you mislead your customers in the first few months claiming that it was hardware I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to implement

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-studio-mpc ... unleashed/

I believe this hack was confirmed as still working on 1.6.
By Loosecaboose Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:24 am
I bought a MPC Studio and it was my first MPC. I was very disappointed after all the hype. Constant crashes and problems with my VST plugin collection. Sold it and now i've bought a 2500.

I've also got a 500 that i've only owned for a few days and i find it so much more rewarding to use than the Studio.

I think the computer is too much of a distraction for the way i like to work.

Once i hook up my eps16+ and S900 to the 2500 i will be very happy, i have just modded both with SD card readers so no more dealing with floppy disks :-D

Exciting times ahead :nod: