MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

Auto BPM detect? Auto BPM Sync?

86%
14%
By Rokgod Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:36 pm
This feature is in many samplers and DAWS.

How it would work... Every sample would have a parameter where you can assign that sample's original tempo. BPM detect feature would also be useful to incorporate into this to help find the bpm of a sample. So you find the bpm of your samples enter an original bpm for every sample. Every sequence has a Master Tempo, so when sync is turned on, any sample with an original bpm assigned to it get's it's assigned bpm automatically stretched according to bpm of the Master Tempo. Kind of like a patch phrased for single slices. When you record a sample into the Ren, on the same screen that asks you to name a sample you could have there a parameter to enter the bpm of the sample. So that long sample will have ( for example an assigned bpm of 88bpm), so if I chop that sample into 16 slices, those slices will still keep the 88bpm assignment. Than I turn sync on and whenever I sequence those pads, whether I change the pitch or not, the length of those samples stretches according to the master tempo bpm value.

Tried explaining this best I can, if someone can make it easier to understand please elaborate.
By mega77 Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 am
Thats why I been say we need the master tempo for the longest time.Thats why the master tempo is useful not only do you control all the bpms for your sequences it also comes in handy when you using it for bpm syncs.