MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Airyck Sun May 04, 2014 8:17 pm
I know this is stretch but I was just thinking that it would be great to have a built in function that converts plugins and MIDI tracks to keygroups automatically.

In the past we've had things like Autosampler and Sample Robot (still in production I think).

They play a specified set of keys and velocity ranges and record and name the samples automatically.

It's probably a pipe dream but I'd love to see something like this built into the MPC software. Some sort of menu system like "convert track to keygroup" you specify: Key range / Number of Velocity layers / Semi Tone Spacing between samples / Tail length between samples / etc.... Press Go and it goes to town on making multisamples for you, then automatically makes a keygroup program with the samples mapped and maybe an option to delete the original track after.

You might have to go through and do looping manually on the samples and various editing(or just make the samples long enough to not worry about it), but it would really open up the keygroup functionality on the MPC. It would also be something that nobody else really has either.
By Cgip Mon May 05, 2014 6:22 am
This would be a great feature. Something like a vsti sampler similar to directwave by image line. Unfortunately, it probably will never happen on an mpc.

Honestly, Akai has bigger issues that should be priority when it comes to the software. There is still simple things that should be implemented first.
By Airyck Mon May 05, 2014 1:01 pm
Cgip wrote:This would be a great feature. Something like a vsti sampler similar to directwave by image line. Unfortunately, it probably will never happen on an mpc.

Honestly, Akai has bigger issues that should be priority when it comes to the software. There is still simple things that should be implemented first.

I definitely agree there are more important basic things that should happen first but it was an idea I had while making a keygroup program and just wanted to get it out there.