MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By PTS3D Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:39 pm
renn user since launch and ive had a lot of issues with it, still do - there is not a day that goes by without me yelling GODDAMMIT bcuz of how fragile this software is, it is constantly crashing both during use and on start-up and ive taken to just saving compulsively about every 30 seconds or any time that i make any sort of change that i dont want to disappear immediately. i actually cannot use it with my UAD Apollo at all, it crashes every single time so i have to use soundflower to route it thru, its kind of terrible. the mixer is painful at best and thats a shame because the actual possible mixing functionality of the thing is amazing. but despite the problems i really do enjoy it more than any other MPC ive owned (and ive owned them all minus 3 and 4k).

so mandatory 1st post complaints aside - a suggestion i had for a feature is pretty simple - couldnt we use note repeat on technically anything, and if so, why can't we? by this i mean, say im in my track or pad mute section - wouldnt it be awesome if we could trigger the pad or track mutes in time with the note repeat function to create a kind of gate effect? i feel the same way about the q-link triggers as well. its something very simple that ive wanted since the first day and would just be such a cool QoL feature.

my second is also very simple - shift clicking "Next Seq" should do "Prev Seq". it just makes sense and im sure would be simple to implement.

also when loading samples from the browser, i feel that there should be an extra option next to "load" - a "layer" option that loads samples onto the different pad layers instead of just replacing the sample. having to go load the sample from the browser, return to the prog edit screen, then change to sample, and then select the pad i want, and then scrolling thru samples to get to the one i want - i can do it, but it really does slow the whole sample-picking process down, and the reason i use an MPC is all about SPEED. im willing to trade-off much of the basic DAW functionality that i see other ppl requesting for increased workflow speed any day cuz i never bought my MPC expecting it to be a DAW, and im sure im not the only one who feels this way.

finally, after using it just about every single day for a few years, i still have no idea why some plug-ins will respond to track level and others will only respond to plugin level. its more than a little confusing to me and while its not a huge pain or anything it is kinda annoying to have to switch back and forth between the track and plug-in mixer constantly. thats all i got. :smoker:
By fdodds Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:16 pm
I like your idea for using note repeat on other functions a lot, i was thinking about it and it would be great if you could use note repeat for an LFO on an effect channel, so instead of (or as well as if there was some sort of dialog to switch between behaviours) note repeat triggering between two hard values, it would apply a smooth sine or triangle wave to modulate a value (say a filter's cutoff), then you could do some cool variable speed lfo effects.

also as a side note, i don't know how useful posting suggestions in this forum really is, if you want to get the suggestions implemented. if you post stuff like this on the akai community website the suggestions are added as feature requests and sent on to the programmers to look at the possibility of including it in a future release.

in this case i will probably go onto akai community tomorrow and post your note repeat idea and then expand with my suggestion for an lfo effect as well. i'll note that the idea originated in the forum.