MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

Would you use this feature

100%
N/A
By dazastah Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:48 pm
Would not expect this to happen really soon, but

pretty much like sample robot and redmatica autosampler/keymap pro, but built into the sample edit screen.

Your options would be

midi channel port or manual play start note, drum group or keygroup, Note interval, note layers , auto crossfade end loop point , input gate threshold, gate close threshold/time release ,
auto create pgm .

IT would then run a midi sequence or manual input threshold listen, and sample your hardware instrument.

So if you where sampling your acoustic drum kit for example, you would choose the manual note play option and wait for you to trigger the input. I'm thinking it would work the same way as is because you mite want to retry some hits(keep retry?) . when you get to the end it will ask if you want to auto create the keygroup/drumgroup for you and map everything where it should be.

midi port and channel would work for hardware synths and workstations, and it would run a midi sequence to trigger the synth based on your specified options (note interval and velocity) and when it finishes maps everything accordingly ... much more automatic.

would turn the mpc into a patch building system as well.. opening up some other commercial adventures...
I know i'd use the hell out of this shit...