MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Mink Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:22 pm
After using the MPC Studio for a month (loving it by the way!), I have :

1. Improved Song Mode.

The UI for song-mode could really be re-worked from the ground up. The use of screen real-estate is terrible, and you have fiddly changes to song sequence being made in a small box in the lower left of the screen, where this function could really benefit from a more graphical, intuitive design.

2. Easier copying of Tracks

I know this can be done, especially from the hardware, but I think it could be easier/more intuitive. For example, if you copy a track running from a plugin/MIDI to a sequence that only runs a drum programme, and select to 'Replace' the track contents, this still stays as a 'drum' rather than 'plugin', necessitating changing them manually.

It would be also nice if it were possible to 'link' tracks, whereby any changes to one track will appear in the other. This would allow fast editing without the need to re-copy after each modification.

3. It may be already possible and I've just not found it, but I'd like to be able to turn automation off as a default, and also more-easily remove automation from the software (ie. right-click on the automation entry and select 'remove')