MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By lsdub Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:22 pm
Akai hace to rebuilt good nattive effects easy to use and visuales i ve never seen such shit effects
Pleease Mr akai good dlay ' reverb and sidechain compresores wath do you think
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:40 pm
Would rather Akai work on core workflow and features. The MPC Software runs third party VST/AU effects, so I would prefer to use those, never expected the included effects to be anything but average (just like any previous MPC).

There is a limit to how much they can include in this thing before the price gets prohibitive.
By pull-over Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:55 pm
yes I prefer that they should work on the core features. even if they replace the eq for example with a new one it won't gonna have the quality of a uad or ik multimedia eq. I could imagine for version 2.0 having a gate, a clean 4 Band Eq and a clean compressor inside of the mixer. from reading the forums I m sure there are lots of beginners, so it would be the best if it comes with lots of preset to start with. for kicks ,snare, hi-hats,piano........

and by the way can you remember one mpc with good effects?
and please don t tell me the expansion board on the 2000xl.it was expensive and weak! on 2500 & 1000 weak. i only played once for an afternoon on the mpc 4000 and I remember not being impressed by them ....
By stale bread Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:36 pm
there is no reason in the world that they couldn't develop much better fx, if they don't have the chops to do it in-housse they could outsource another dev to do it, they currently do this in many other aspects of their product range development so actually they are already doing it, just not with this... I agree that when you want something special and in particular grabbing a vst from here or there is a great idea but it doesn't mean that the internal fx are supposed to be sub-par on principle or because they haven't been good in the past, that would be a weird reason to not do a good job.

$.02
By phx_chronic Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:04 am
stale bread wrote:there is no reason in the world that they couldn't develop much better fx, if they don't have the chops to do it in-housse they could outsource another dev to do it, they currently do this in many other aspects of their product range development so actually they are already doing it, just not with this... I agree that when you want something special and in particular grabbing a vst from here or there is a great idea but it doesn't mean that the internal fx are supposed to be sub-par on principle or because they haven't been good in the past, that would be a weird reason to not do a good job.

$.02

1. I think most people on the new mpc's prefer to use their third party (waves, UAD, NI, IK etc.) plugins.

2. Also, a lot of users track out their projects and do the real mixing in Protools or other DAWs.

These two are gonna cover pretty much all serious users so it seems pretty dumb for Akai to allocate a lot of resources (whether the developers time or money to a third party) to include high quality plug ins basically just for amateurs or folks who JUST got into producing music. And, I don't mean that to be any type of slight. Thats fine but, honestly, for that type of user the included effects are definitely good enough imo.

I know they're moving in the direction but let's be real, it's an MPC not a DAW.
By phx_chronic Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:23 am
stale bread wrote:but it doesn't mean that the internal fx are supposed to be sub-par on principle or because they haven't been good in the past, that would be a weird reason to not do a good job.

$.02

That would be a weird reason! What would not be a weird reason would be to spend more time developing features that directly relate to producing since probably 90% of the users would rather use plug ins that are high quality/that they are used to for most things and the lower percentage but still pretty significant group that doesn't use the Akai effects at all.

My point is just that there is absolutely no reason to feel entitled to this. If you don't like that then don't buy it.
By stale bread Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 am
entitled? :Sigh: that's a little extreme, I'm just an advocate of keeping the same level of quality across all facets of a piece of software and I don't think the developers should expect anything less from themselves. So does this software have plugin delay compensation then?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:27 am
As I originally mentioned, a lot of this will come down to money, there is a limit to how much can be incorporated into this product for the price you have already paid for it. It's not a bottomless pit, which is why I assume more development costs/time are going into developing core workflow features (i.e. the stuff you cannot replace with a VST).

If there are going to be improved effects (most likely licensed from another company), I'm going to assume they'll arrive either as an optional expansion pack, or come as part of a major (paid for) upgrade in the future.
By Nubian Mindz Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 am
I'd love much higher quality effects and would gladly pay an acceptable fee for this.

Possibly in version 2.0? I suggest they approach Soundtoys and Uhe and ask if they would build a set of plug ins exclusively for the MPC.

:nod:
By TT_Lab Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:55 am
Nubian Mindz wrote:I'd love much higher quality effects and would gladly pay an acceptable fee for this.

Possibly in version 2.0? I suggest they approach Soundtoys and Uhe and ask if they would build a set of plug ins exclusively for the MPC.

:nod:

I almost wet my pants when you mentioned Soundtoys lol
Aren't them fx the best out there? I'd gladly pay for that marriage too!
By WKempton Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:49 am
Have you guys noticed that Rens EQ does something to the sound even when you just add that plugin on the track and you're not boosting or cutting anything? I've seen this happen a few times with my kick drums and that's why I've started to use ReaEQ and SonEQ. Native plugins would be so much quicker and more intuitive to use, that's why I've used them for this long...