MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By cmackg Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:00 pm
Cut and paste is really weird. For example, I chop a sample, turn it in to events. Now I have a nice stack of 1/8th note sequences. So I grab them, and decide to paste to a different program. I've had it happen more than once that the pasted notes will show up in any number of other programs, beyond the one I was targeting. Not sure if the software is trying to paste to a track number, and ignoring my selected insert point, but it's odd. The results are almost musical enough to make me happy.

I see this in the plugin use in Logic, but I can't say that it is only in this scenario. I just tend to do things like this more often in the plugin. Another example would be a drum patter that I want to try on a different set of samples. I've seen that get pasted to a MIDI track as well.
By Brother Filth Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 pm
Here's the issue I'm having with Song Mode.

Running Studio 1.8.1 on MacBook Pro.

I'm loading sequences into the song list, and once i get past step 15, regardless of what sequence i insert, it reverts back to the first few steps.

eg: Step 16 reverts to what is loaded in Step 1, Step 17 to Step 2, Step 18 to Step 3, and so on.....

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?
By swerver Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:15 pm
If I do a 'Render in Place' of an MPC part in Cubase 8 x64, the resulting audio part is 'empty' and the MPC VST crashes with loads of (very loud) digital noise coming out of the MPC outputs. It works fine with other VSTs, and if I mute all parts except the MPC part and do an audio mixdown instead, that also works fine, so this problem specifically relates to Cubase 8's render in place with the MPC VST.
By jsf Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm
don't remember seeing this mentioned yet.
here goes

in Hardware
hit MAIN > scroll to Pgm
hit WINDOW > New

go to Software
rename Pgm, NUBEAT
hit Do it

go to Hardware
hit SAMPLE EDIT > do edits
hit SHIFT + F4[Convert]
scroll to Convert To: New Sample to Pad
scroll to Program: ...
scroll in... scroll out... repeat...
ma NUBEAT isn't available from the hardware :(

go back to software and from there I can select NUBEAT
By HiiMasta Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 pm
HOW CAN I REVERT.. to 1.7.2 ?

on 1.8.2, and when i hit a note, the note extents all the way across like i was holding on the key?

i can't not produce at all using they keyboard?

is a performance issue ?
By Jazzyspoon Sat May 16, 2015 2:07 am
64 bit VST version 1.8.2 now crashes Cubase upon loading it into an instrument track - every time -, regardless of song or whatever other factor. Fully updated software on all sides and updated windows 7/drivers... still nothing.
32 bit VST crashes when loading a song file in the MPC software (in Cubase as a vst inst).

This renders this update useless to me, regardless of it being relatively stable in standalone.
By c.brenner Sun May 17, 2015 5:40 pm
Hello everyone

Just encountered a new bug. I don't know if its new, but I used this function the first time.

If I turn on MIDI Keys, or Pad Key and use a european qwertz keyboard, the z and y are wrong. :!: :!:

I use 1.8.2 and 10.10.3 Yosemite
By c.brenner Sun May 17, 2015 5:57 pm
And I have another bug, some other peoples also reported witch is weird.

Its about that digital noise crackles after 5-20min running. I think they started after the 1.8.0 update. I noticed if I go to the settings and change the input sample rate and buffer time, set them back to what I want again, and exit. The problem seems to be gone.
So far I always turned off the renaissance and after turning it on again, the problem was gone, but maybe came again after 5-20min.

I assume its a problem with the driver, as if I'm sampling in the MPC software from the renaissance input it sounds normal, but if I want to hear a sound file with the preview in the finder there's that digital crackle and noise again.

btw. : sometimes when I sampled from the renaissance input and want to trim the sample (length 3-5min) when I tip the Q-Link to Jump to the start it doesn't jump there, and if I tip the Q-Link a few times again, MPC Software crashes. I experienced this 1 time of 20 perhaps.

Hope this will help you to fix it soon.

I use the Renaissance with 1.10, OS X 10.10.3, and MPC Software 1.8.2
By Jazzyspoon Mon May 18, 2015 12:15 am
Jazzyspoon wrote:64 bit VST version 1.8.2 now crashes Cubase upon loading it into an instrument track - every time -, regardless of song or whatever other factor. Fully updated software on all sides and updated windows 7/drivers... still nothing.
32 bit VST crashes when loading a song file in the MPC software (in Cubase as a vst inst).

This renders this update useless to me, regardless of it being relatively stable in standalone.

Fixed. I uninstalled the MPC program entirely, rebooted the computer, then reloaded the original 1.7 disk and updated to 1.8.2 from there and it seems to be working again.
By WKempton Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm
bearhead wrote:Anyone getting a weird panning problem?

I'm on OSX 10.10.3 / MPC Software 1.8.2

Yesterday I was making a beat and suddenly the whole project went mono. When I panned something to the right, there was no sound. Panning something to the left made it louder. Turning Ren off and on again fixed this. Has happend to me only this once.