MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:23 pm
In Ren/Studio LCD:

Select PAD ASSIGN
Style:FIXED, Pad:SINGLE
Press Orange (F5)
Hit a pad
Pad is assigned 'Amber' on screen, the light is an identical colour to Yellow

Expect: LCD to show the pad text as Orange and the actual pad to be lit orange
Actual: LCD shows 'Amber' text and pad is lit Yellow.

Workaround:

Assign the pad as orange using the orange swatch in MPC Software 'Pad Color' GUI.

Related feature suggestions:

1) The MPC Software knows what controller you have so there should be no need to have a checkbox for 'Show RGB palette'. Ren/studio owners should only ever see the standard palette.

2) The additional colour options (e.g. lime green, dark orange etc) should be accessible from the LCD. e.g. using the unused F6, and perhaps a hidden menu accessed by holding down 'SHIFT'.
By Icepulse Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:12 am
With MPC Touch, I've found:

1) If you launch the software w/ MPC Touch connected & on, the hardware won't be recognized. Nor when it's turned on after launching 1.9 (sometimes). It only seems reliable if I launch 1.9 first, then plug in the USB with the hardware already powered up.

2) If you have the software in full screen (or maximized), it vanishes when the Touch make the connection. Only windowed does it launch reliably to both screens. Also, when 1.9 and Touch are running together, my actual desktop shows only my wallpaper; all icons / folders vanish.

I'm running on a late 2012 MBP Retina 13" w/ latest El Capitan version. FYI.
By dustymaestro Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:09 pm
Resampling and editing a previously saved file crashes the software.

I tried a few times to hit play and arm record at the same time, while a track is being soloed.

I tried resampling while the sequence is playing, when I went to edit sample and started to chop it crashed.

I pressed stop twice in sample edit and it crashed.
By marklin Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:55 pm
tempo changes when switching between sample rates, ie. @ 48k it is noticeably slower than @ 44k

Can not seem to replicate at the moment, but it happened to me after having the mbp go to sleep.
I'm on 10.9.5 using MPC 1.9.1 with Studio / Touch

/Markus
By Jonespnice1 Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:48 pm
I'm unable to nudge notes as finely as I should from the Touch controller. I have time correct off and my display resolution set to 960 ppq but when I'm in grid mode and I'm adjusting a note I can only adjust in 4 ppq increments using the data wheel (which does not give me 960 ppq), but I can go into the software in View/List Editor and double click on a note and I can make finer adjustments that way. Is this a bug that I can adjust it a finely as I should on the Touch controller or is there another way to accomplish this?
By Caustic Yoda Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:37 pm
Exporting a Program to MPC 1000/2500 start points of the samples are lost and need to be re-set.
Also opening larger projects with 2gb or more of files makes MPC studio crash 1.9.1 the prev version seemed more stable in this reguard.
By Mariano Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:45 am
Hello, im an mpc ren user, im having troubles with the mpc software in windows 10 x64.
Im running the 32 bits app because of all my plugs are in 32 bits. When im using the software, It freezes the graphic interface but the controller still working normal, when this happens i have to go to task manager and close the app.

My machine is an hp envy 17 1011nr,