MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Italian Beats Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:34 am
MaschineKiller wrote:Whenever I try to export my song as 16/44.1k it stops after about 0.025 seconds lol. It creates a very small file. When I go back and try it a 2nd time it works. It's been doing this since 1.9.2.

The same happened to me yesterday for the first time. In song mode I converted the song to a new sequence and then tried to export as wav file. Same behaviour as described above. Tried a second time and it worked.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm
In the computer GUI (SAMPLE EDIT), the Q-Link graphic uses the traditional Renaissance Q-link referencing system, so in 'column 1' the bottom Q Link is Q1, the second from bottom is Q5, second from top is Q9 and the top Q-Link is Q13.

But in the TUI SAMPLER mode, to adjust the sampling time it indicates to use Q3 and Q4. But strictly speaking, these have always been referenced as Q9 and Q13

IMO Akai should pick one method and stick with it - I agree that using Q3 and Q4 would make more sense for Touch users, but in that case Touch users shouldn't see references to the Ren-style Q-Link labelling anywhere in the MPC Software GUI.
By jsf Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:29 pm
I agree, the q links dont feel intuitive at times.
I remember posting akai about it, regarding the filter section in example. If im tweaking the cut frequency i also want to access res ate the same time, but it its not possible at thr present time with 2 qlinks, only way is usnig 1 q for cut and jogwheel for res.

Edit: im with the Studio
Last edited by jsf on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rokgod Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:56 pm
Thats part of the reason I got rid of the Ren 2 years ago. No point in having 16 q-links if they aren't even implemented in a logical way inside the software, sometimes they make sense like in program edit its layed out in a logical manner, but sometimes I have no idea what Akai was thinking with the layout of the q-links
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:34 pm
In TUI Browser, press PROJECT to display Project Info Panel and press one of the 'project filters', e.g. press a program name. At this point the 'Samples' column only shows the samples in this project.

Expect: Computer GUI to mirror this in Project Info Panel.

Actual: Computer GUI's Project Info Panel does not mirror this selection, it remains unchanged.

Mac 10.9.5
By dameian Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:29 am
My song mode is toast.
Something is muting certain tracks during export and even playback.
What has caused this all of a sudden?
It was working fine a few weeks ago.
Did the new upgrade cause this.
Turning off and on, is not fixing anything.
It's as if my "mute" & "solo" buttons are stuck.

What gives, Akai?
You are costing me serious time and opportunities because of this.

When is the new patch coming to mitigate these issues?
I am almost at the end of my patience.
Please respond to your customers.
By WKempton Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm
dameian wrote:My song mode is toast.
Something is muting certain tracks during export and even playback.
What has caused this all of a sudden?
It was working fine a few weeks ago.
Did the new upgrade cause this.
Turning off and on, is not fixing anything.
It's as if my "mute" & "solo" buttons are stuck.

What gives, Akai?
You are costing me serious time and opportunities because of this.

When is the new patch coming to mitigate these issues?
I am almost at the end of my patience.
Please respond to your customers.

Solo's have made the song mode act funny as long as I remember. Annoying.
By jigdagod Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:44 pm
Not sure whats going on. Not sure if its a bug or what. I have 2 new hardware synths with aftertouch and the software records the aftertouch information, but when I play it back the aftertouch isn't playing back with it. Can anyone confirm this? Moog Sub 37 and DSI Prophet 08. I'm new to hardware synths and I didn't have aftertouch on my previous controller to test it with softsynths.
By jsf Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 pm
jigdagod wrote:Not sure whats going on. Not sure if its a bug or what. I have 2 new hardware synths with aftertouch and the software records the aftertouch information, but when I play it back the aftertouch isn't playing back with it. Can anyone confirm this? Moog Sub 37 and DSI Prophet 08. I'm new to hardware synths and I didn't have aftertouch on my previous controller to test it with softsynths.

If Aftertouch isnt assigned to any parameter you wont hear any synth changes, have you checked it?
It's like hitting pads on a mpc when theres no samples loaded in them.
By ltrock20 Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:30 am
:WTF: This recent 1.9.3 update has major issues! When you convert a song to an unused sequence random tracks are automated and muted :? . The tracks aren't matching the instruments you programmed to play, aftertouch automations and muted tracks are enabled out of the blue?? Right now it's impossible to work! Prior to 1.9.3, I was able to convert songs and export them with no issues. I may have to revert back to the last update in order to get work done :Sigh: