MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DBNS Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:41 am
Very annoying and possibly confusing for future tracks. A Export folder is being created and when i drag and drop files they all look the same from different projects. This wasn't occurring in 1.9.3 it's only happening in 1.9.4. Anyone else have this issue, hoping they address this soon.
By kingP1n Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:56 am
dont know if this is the right place to post this..since its not realy a "bug" per say..but its pretty **** annoying and hopefully it gets fixed.
when you explode a track it should create a new program for every sound automatically because when you export the stems it exports all the sounds in the program together in one track/stem so its pretty annoying to have to go and be making new programs for every sound.
By danieto Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:53 am
Hi,
the resampler plugin has an issue when the audio is silent, the CPU rises up to 50%. But when there is audio sounding, the CPU goes down again. I didn't use this plugin before, but i suppose there is a bug in the resampling algorithm.
-MPC Software 1.9.4 [32 bits]
-Windows 8.1 [64 bits]
Regards
Daniel.
By danieto Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:13 am
Hi,
Sometimes the screen goes to sleep-mode while I'm using the mpc hardware and it does not wake up until I move the mouse or use the computer-keyboard, which is fine. The bad thing is that the mpc-software is unresponsive for one or two minutes. I still can use the mpc studio hardware in this situation, but i could not change the mode until the mpc-software comes responsive again.
-MPC Software 1.9.4 [32 bits]
-Windows 8.1 [64 bits]
Regards
Daniel.
By kingP1n Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:12 pm
danieto..you can change that in the software options to where the screensaver doesnt come on while you are using the mpc software..also pad mute hasnt worked for me in a while either..i hate that shit. dont know if its just me or if anyone else has that problem. only while in record/dub mode
By Marky1971 Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:45 pm
Windows 8.1
intel core i5
8g ram 64 bit
MPC sw 1.9.4 (64bit)

As i am learning the studio i added a program with the bank vst. Laid down a few notes over one bar sequence on top of drum track which is on another program tracks 1-4. Went to program mix and nothing shows in the programs channel. All mixer channels disappear and i get message on the Studio LCD saying "this program has no pads" and LCD goes dotted.

I am not as familiar with the workings of my MPC Studio as yet but it got me puzzled so far.
Anyone find the same? Shed any light?

Thankyou,

Mark Canavan
By Marky1971 Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:09 pm
So I do think that this message is acceptable. There are no sounds in these pads as they are used liked midi to trigger the plugin. Think that makes sense! If I go to software and click view>mode I can now see the mixer for the plugin channel. I will try this a few times more. Can't see how to get to that view via hardware yet! Think I'm right lol learning curves.
By Marky1971 Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:43 pm
It's true. Most new comers to the mpc-world should give themselves the opportunity to familiar ourselves with the workings. I found all answers to this bug. Not even a bug :oops:

I'm gonna keep just looking at tips and stuff on this forum and continue to learn the basics.

Cheers,

Mark :oops:
By joooe Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 am
System: Windows 8.1
MPC Software 1.9.4

Bug: When Duplicating a program to a new track the program edit page and the Q links are not duplicated correctly.

I'm using a plugin (Arp2600 by Arturia) and to be able to control the plugin sliders via Midi I configure the Q Links in the program edit portion of the MPC software. When everything works well, in order to not have to re-edit all the Q links I duplicate the program to a new track and then all the edits of the Q links are lost and reset as if nothing was done previously.

Workaround: I load a new track with the same program and then rename it. This just defeats the purpose of having the "duplicate program to a new track" feature.

This has nothing to do with the plugin itself. Testing the same with "the Bank" from Akai expansion, if I change the Qlinks parameters assignment these are lost if I duplicate to a new track (same goes for "duplicate" only the program).
By joooe Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am
joooe wrote:System: Windows 8.1
MPC Software 1.9.4

Bug: When Duplicating a program to a new track the program edit page and the Q links are not duplicated correctly.

I'm using a plugin (Arp2600 by Arturia) and to be able to control the plugin sliders via Midi I configure the Q Links in the program edit portion of the MPC software. When everything works well, in order to not have to re-edit all the Q links I duplicate the program to a new track and then all the edits of the Q links are lost and reset as if nothing was done previously.

Workaround: I load a new track with the same program and then rename it. This just defeats the purpose of having the "duplicate program to a new track" feature.

This has nothing to do with the plugin itself. Testing the same with "the Bank" from Akai expansion, if I change the Qlinks parameters assignment these are lost if I duplicate to a new track (same goes for "duplicate" only the program).

The workaround doesn't work actually, as it only renames the working program without making a new copy
By MightyWomble Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 am
The Waves Codex wavetable synthesizer plugin is not scanned as an "instrument". It is available as an FX plugin but is not available as a program plugin, as it should be. This only happens on Windows AFAIK - it was a while since I tried on the Mac but I don't recall it being a problem there.

Fortunately, this can be easily fixed by opening MPC.settings (found in Userdir\AppData\Roaming\MPC) in a text editor, search for "CODEX" and in the config blocks for the CODEX plugin, change the isInstrument parameter from "0" to "1".

NB: This is assuming you manage to get Waves plugins to install in the first place, which still needs to be done by using the MPC 1.6 plugin scanner. You can install 1.9.4 over the top afterwards and then use the plugins but must revert to 1.6 every time you want to install a new Waves plugin or do a new full scan.
By Wul Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 pm
Mpc studio on 1.9.4 standalone on windows7 , firmware still v1.0 ( I havn't had it long and was put off from updating the firmware after reading of the problems When updating)

When automating tracks in track mixer mode the track focus ( selected track) does not change as you move the curser round the LCD grid, the correct tracks parameter adjusts, but the track selection has to be done on the main page.

When a program is set to drum with a kit loaded and prog edit is entered the square in the top left hand corner suggests correctly that control is horizontal , but the indicator on the grid suggests it's vertical.
By optik415 Sun May 08, 2016 1:02 am
MightyWomble wrote:The Waves Codex wavetable synthesizer plugin is not scanned as an "instrument". It is available as an FX plugin but is not available as a program plugin, as it should be. This only happens on Windows AFAIK - it was a while since I tried on the Mac but I don't recall it being a problem there.

Fortunately, this can be easily fixed by opening MPC.settings (found in Userdir\AppData\Roaming\MPC) in a text editor, search for "CODEX" and in the config blocks for the CODEX plugin, change the isInstrument parameter from "0" to "1".

NB: This is assuming you manage to get Waves plugins to install in the first place, which still needs to be done by using the MPC 1.6 plugin scanner. You can install 1.9.4 over the top afterwards and then use the plugins but must revert to 1.6 every time you want to install a new Waves plugin or do a new full scan.

Does this instrument hack work with Waves element as well?? I have both plug-ins and im gonna do the 1.6 waves hack right now to get my other wave plugs up and running