MPC Software Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC forum.
User avatar
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:25 pm
MPC1000 Export Bugs (1.9.6, Mac OSX 10.9.5, Akai OS 2.13)

If XPM contains 'simultaneous play' pads, this is incorrectly exported as a mute target. Instead it should be ignored completely as MPC1000 (running Akai OS) does not support simultaneous play.

MPC1000 export keeps files as 24 bit - should dither to 16 bit

All pads in exported PGM have low pass filter set even if no filter was set in the original XPM - admittedly it's set to 100/0 which is effectively 'off' but should ideally be set to 'Type:OFF'.
By Pepper Roni Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:04 am
MPC 1.9.6.1 imported as a plugin to FL Studio 12 crashed the whole daw, makes it freeze and hang up, plus play and stop buttons don't work anymore. The software by itself works fine.

worked like a charm before. happens in both 32 and 64 bit mode.
User avatar
By Living Bate Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:36 am
following a couple of recent posts I have been considering making the step up from 1.8.1 to 1.9.6.....

I am a bit worried because I very rarely have any problems with my current setup in terms of crashing etc...

the main thing I really like the look of is the Alt Loop Function (I know this appeared on earlier versions but I missed it)....

half of me thinks just go for it....the other half of me thinks I'm happy with what I have so let it be.....
User avatar
By Quickstrike2.0 Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:46 am
Man! MPC software 1.9.6.1 is infested with bugs.

I'm using Windows 10 processor
2.4 quad core.
4 gigabytes of RAM.
Mpc touch and software is running 64bit

My main problem with the MPC touch right now is every time you click on the menu tabs, while sequence is playing (like track mutes). The sequencer plays choppy. Or when you go to time correct screen the sequence plays glitchy.

Also when using midi sound module. integra7. If you go to preference menu the midi connection just dies out. Which causes me to have to reset the whole mpc software to get midi out working again.
Last edited by Quickstrike2.0 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Living Bate Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:51 am
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Man! MPC software 1.9.6.1 is infested with bugs.

I'm using Windows 10 processor 2.4 quad core. 4 gigabytes of RAM.pc touch

My main problem with the MPC touch right now is every time you click on the menu taps like track mutes. The sequencer plays choppy. Or when you go to time correct screen the sequence plays glitchy.

Also when using midi sound module. integra7. If you go to preference menu the midi connection just dies out. Which causes me to have to reset the whole mpc software to get midi out working again.



Ok.....I'm running a Renaissance......but you are doing well to dissuade me from updating here....

in another post someone says that with 1.9.6 the MPC has never been so stable.....but I'm reading things that suggest otherwise...
User avatar
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am
Living Bate wrote:in another post someone says that with 1.9.6 the MPC has never been so stable.....but I'm reading things that suggest otherwise...


It is more stable than previous versions, but it still isn't 'stable'. I use a lot of applications day-in-day-out, be it word processing, web development, audio etc, and none of them ever randomly crash like the MPC does - I really can't remember the last time any other application on my system completely crashed like this.

But for me at least, 1.9.x is certainly less crash prone compared to 1.8.x, so it's an improvement. But this is why I find the idea of Akai bringing in paid upgrades somewhat problematic - IMO the MPC Software is still a fairly 'unstable' application riddled with plenty of outstanding bugs, so I believe Akai have a lot more work to do on it before they get ahead of themselves and introduce a whole bunch of new, more complex features.
User avatar
By Living Bate Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:34 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Living Bate wrote:in another post someone says that with 1.9.6 the MPC has never been so stable.....but I'm reading things that suggest otherwise...


It is more stable than previous versions, but it still isn't 'stable'. I use a lot of applications day-in-day-out, be it word processing, web development, audio etc, and none of them ever randomly crash like the MPC does - I really can't remember the last time any other application on my system completely crashed like this.

But for me at least, 1.9.x is certainly less crash prone compared to 1.8.x, so it's an improvement. But this is why I find the idea of Akai bringing in paid upgrades somewhat problematic - IMO the MPC Software is still a fairly 'unstable' application riddled with plenty of outstanding bugs, so I believe Akai have a lot more work to do on it before they get ahead of themselves and introduce a whole bunch of new, more complex features.



hmmm I'm kinda torn on whether or not i'll do it......like I said, I very rarely have crashes at the moment.....probably only slightly more than with my 2000XL.....

but I am probably a lot more reserved than a lot of people in terms of plug ins - VST's / FX etc......I purposely don't want to overload the thing to the point it might struggle...

I'm an older head so I'm still kind of in awe at how amazing it is the MPC can do all these things......I wish I had something like this 15 years ago........I never knew the humble USB was going to be so powerful....
User avatar
By Quickstrike2.0 Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:00 pm
Living Bate wrote:
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:Man! MPC software 1.9.6.1 is infested with bugs.

I'm using Windows 10 processor 2.4 quad core. 4 gigabytes of RAM.pc touch

My main problem with the MPC touch right now is every time you click on the menu taps like track mutes. The sequencer plays choppy. Or when you go to time correct screen the sequence plays glitchy.

Also when using midi sound module. integra7. If you go to preference menu the midi connection just dies out. Which causes me to have to reset the whole mpc software to get midi out working again.



Ok.....I'm running a Renaissance......but you are doing well to dissuade me from updating here....

in another post someone says that with 1.9.6 the MPC has never been so stable.....but I'm reading things that suggest otherwise...



:Sigh: :Sigh: the software is not crashing it just has bugs. Go ahead and download it for yourself and try it before you decide. Pretty simple. I just want them to notice these bugs so they can be fixed before 2.0
By kaydigi Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:03 pm
1.9.6.1

When you uninstall a custom expansion pack via Tools ----> Expansion Manager it does not delete the expansion from the harddrive. On Windows 10 you have to go C:\ProgramData\Akai\MPC\Expansions to manually delete the file. This is a hidden subfolder in WINDOWS 10.
User avatar
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:21 pm
kaydigi wrote:1.9.6.1

When you uninstall a custom expansion pack via Tools ----> Expansion Manager it does not delete the expansion from the harddrive. On Windows 10 you have to go C:\ProgramData\Akai\MPC\Expansions to manually delete the file. This is a hidden subfolder in WINDOWS 10.


Yep, it's the same bug on a Mac, except the location for user installed expansions is

User Folder > Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC > Expansions > (expansion folder name)
By acrobass61 Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:03 am
i have deleted all the MPC Studio Software put it back on from the disk then updated it heres the error i get since im not able to send the screen shot i get this everytime i go to open MPC
The instruction at 0x00007FF8960600EA reference memory at 0x00007FF8960600E8 The Memory could not be written Clickok to terminate the program click cancel to debug the program can someone help me with this
please Thanks Tom E.
By Milan1 Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:24 pm
CouchMusic wrote:Hey everyone I am using an mpc renaissance with a brand new iMac. After a few minutes of listening to spotify through the ren, or even when I am producing the audio becomes extremely bit crushed, latent, and echoes. If I restart the mpc the issues goes away for a few, or if I adjust the buffer settings etc this I can often fix the problem for a few as well. I have been using the mpc for about 6 months and the issue has just started. Is this happening to anyone else. I am running OS X el captain. all drivers and software are up to date. this is extremely
disappointing. I am afraid that the noise pollution is damaging my monitors as it just comes out of nowhere. PLEASE HELP!!! AKAI IS NOT RESPONDING! Also when I adjust the main volume i often get a crackling noise from only the right output. checked all cables, monitors etc and it is definitely a problem with the mpc hardware or software
UPDATE: Sometimes the bit crushed noise will happen for about 10 seconds before slowly buffering and righting itself.
COMPUTER SPECS:
3.3 ghz intel core i5
8 g 1600mhz ddr3
osx el captain 10.11.2



same problem here :) but on a pc ..
By Milan1 Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:24 pm
Milan1 wrote:
CouchMusic wrote:Hey everyone I am using an mpc renaissance with a brand new iMac. After a few minutes of listening to spotify through the ren, or even when I am producing the audio becomes extremely bit crushed, latent, and echoes. If I restart the mpc the issues goes away for a few, or if I adjust the buffer settings etc this I can often fix the problem for a few as well. I have been using the mpc for about 6 months and the issue has just started. Is this happening to anyone else. I am running OS X el captain. all drivers and software are up to date. this is extremely
disappointing. I am afraid that the noise pollution is damaging my monitors as it just comes out of nowhere. PLEASE HELP!!! AKAI IS NOT RESPONDING! Also when I adjust the main volume i often get a crackling noise from only the right output. checked all cables, monitors etc and it is definitely a problem with the mpc hardware or software
UPDATE: Sometimes the bit crushed noise will happen for about 10 seconds before slowly buffering and righting itself.
COMPUTER SPECS:
3.3 ghz intel core i5
8 g 1600mhz ddr3
osx el captain 10.11.2



same problem here :) but on a pc ..


EXACTLY the same problem. seems like noone can help me. I m desperating. not even akai can help me.
By fluxsta Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:44 am
Unfortunately becoming very disillusioned with the Ren now. Always been stable for me, but now the audio marker doesn't run smoothly and any midi clips running glitch out. Not really sure what the issue is, but hoping that 2.0 provides some stability. Is there any way to roll back to a previous version of the software to see if that improves things?