MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By cml888 Wed May 17, 2017 4:37 pm
My first post here, please don't crucify ...

I can't seem to find out if this is possible. Is there a way to simply play my old sequences (from MPC2000) on my computer, with no MPC hardware? I have all my old snd/prg files in a folder on my hard drive, but I don't know if any version of the software will just allow me to play the sequences back. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I have never used MPC software on a computer - only on my old MPC.
By cml888 Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 pm
Thanks for the help... yes, I just installed 1.8.2 and it's working. Idk why I didn't just try it first lol. I guess I wasn't aware that I could run it in demo mode without hardware.

What is the most basic (least expensive) unit I could get that would activate the software (v1.8.2 is fine)? I don't plan to do anything new with it, I literally just want to be able to play my old sequences.
By kaydigi Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 pm
cml888 wrote:Thanks for the help... yes, I just installed 1.8.2 and it's working. Idk why I didn't just try it first lol. I guess I wasn't aware that I could run it in demo mode without hardware.

What is the most basic (least expensive) unit I could get that would activate the software (v1.8.2 is fine)? I don't plan to do anything new with it, I literally just want to be able to play my old sequences.

MPC studio black is $400 usd.