MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By waxfactor Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:02 pm
Couldn't resist scratching the MPC itch and just copped the software to use with my Maschine Mk 1 hardware. I've not done a great deal more than just install it, but give me a few days and I'll feedback.
By inflict3 Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 pm
I’m interested to know how it goes.
By v00d00ppl Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:36 am
It works well with the maschine studio too. I still prefer the MPD232 pads but being able to bring up patterns and keep building using the maschine studio is fun.
By Pete Sasqwax Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:42 am
All good so far. The only things I've not figured out yet are related to the software rather than how it works with the controller:

- can't figure out how to make one pad make another pad cut off
- can't figure out how to make the pads set to full velocity instead of velocity sensitive
- can't adjust the wet/dry amounts of the legacy effects (MPC60, SP1200 etc)

Any advice on those would be dope - the first two were some of my favourite features on my 2000XL
By Pete Sasqwax Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Tried mute groups for the pad cut off but both that and setting the group to mono resulted in only a very small part of each chop playing. I seem to have fixed it by setting specific pads to be muted by each pad, which works in this instance but might prove challenging with more complex chops.