MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Barncore Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:38 pm
This might be a dumb question but i just want to make sure cos you never know with Akai.

Do the expansion packs that are available on the main Akai site (such as this one) work on old versions of the MPC software (e.g. 1.5 - 1.9)?

I ask because the way the site is presented it seems like everything is focused on MPC 2. I have no plans to upgrade to v2 because i don't want to pay. Happy with the 1.9 software. But i'd like to be able to get a few of these expansions. I'm assuming the packs will work with any MPC software version but i don't wanna buy it and realize it only works with 2.0. Know what i mean?

Anybody know what the deal is there?
Cheers
By MPC-Tutor Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:22 pm
The official Akai expansions are now made directly in MPC 2.0 so while the expansion will install in 1.9, there will be some features missing. For example, any effects added to programs, pads, channels etc, will not work (2.0 uses a different method for inserting effects that isn't backward compatible). Project files will not load at all. And obviously features like warping and clips will not work.

The only person still making expansions compatible for both 1.9 and 2.0 is me :) Currently all the expansions on my site are built to ensure they work equally well in 1.9 and 2.0.

https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... xpansions/