MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By TL4AU Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 am
Looked through a lot of old threads on the subject but didn't find this problem or answer anywhere...

Running the Akai MPC 1.9.7 64-bit along with Reaper 5.95 64-bit

Studio is run in as MIDI and the VSTi MPC Akai Professional 2 -32ch. Main Akai software pops up after adding FX. Load program onto pads like normal and then can hear the drums sounds like normal while playing them. Reaper recognizes the sounds because the yellow bar moves with the pad noises. Problem is it doesn't record any of the sounds.

Setting it up was too easy for the solution to be that difficult... I just can't figure it out and again - none of the threads I've read sound like this problem. Any links to a previous solution or advice in general?

Thanks
By machinesworking Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:06 am
TL4AU wrote:Looked through a lot of old threads on the subject but didn't find this problem or answer anywhere...

Running the Akai MPC 1.9.7 64-bit along with Reaper 5.95 64-bit

Studio is run in as MIDI and the VSTi MPC Akai Professional 2 -32ch. Main Akai software pops up after adding FX. Load program onto pads like normal and then can hear the drums sounds like normal while playing them. Reaper recognizes the sounds because the yellow bar moves with the pad noises. Problem is it doesn't record any of the sounds.

Setting it up was too easy for the solution to be that difficult... I just can't figure it out and again - none of the threads I've read sound like this problem. Any links to a previous solution or advice in general?

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you since I'm not getting the hardware until next week, but this is going to be how I use the MPC Live 90% of the time so I'm curious. A few quick questions, some of which may sound like I think you're not all there etc. sorry, they have to be asked. You didn't say you were an expert at either so..

Do you have the MPC Studio hardware selected as the MIDI input on the track in Reaper that the MPC2 software VSTi is loaded into? The default in Reaper is for new tracks to input the first audio input of your interface, not a MIDI input. The Yellow bars indicate audio coming out of that track, if you have selected MPC Studio as the MIDI input and record enabled that track, you should see a smaller red bar spike up in the yellow bar indicating that track is receiving MIDI. This sets it up for MIDI, If you're trying to record the MPC2 software as audio you have a bunch of options as well, but an instrument track in a DAW generally records MIDI to that track, you'll want to bus or 'send' audio to another track in Reaper. It's much different than recording the audio coming from a guitar or drum machine, more like recording a soft synth.