MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DJJayMoung Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:00 pm
I've found a used MPC Ren at a local Guitar Center but the software isn't included. anyone know if the software is obtainable without buying brand new hardware?
By machinesworking Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:47 am
Yes the MPC2 software works with the Ren! 8)
It's currently not on sale, so $299, expensive.. I got it for $99 during a vip plug in sale, it might go on sale this Black Friday, the other option is eBay.
By DJJayMoung Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:56 pm
machinesworking wrote:Yes the MPC2 software works with the Ren! 8)
It's currently not on sale, so $299, expensive.. I got it for $99 during a vip plug in sale, it might go on sale this Black Friday, the other option is eBay.

Thanks for the reply. ive been working on the Maschine MK3 always been a software based producer but want to get into a beat machine unfortunately the MK3 was the only thing I was able to demo at my local Guitar Center, but ive always been a fan of the MPC. I can get a Used Red or Touch for almost half the money I spent on the MK3 so im considering switching over but want to make sure I could get my hands on the software first but for $299 sheesh I might as well be buying it new at that point!
By machinesworking Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 am
PM'd for details, but yeah, I switched over from Maschine recently, Studio makes a decent front end for the software but I'm looking at picking up the MPC Live soon.

Being able to perform out patterns assigned to pads as a song, and multiple time signatures in a song are much more important to me than multiple MIDI inputs and side chaining.