MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By schoonmpc Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:10 pm
I need to uninstall the MPC software because I am returning the AKAI MPK mini with which MPC was bundled. The retailer (Guitar Center - US) requires that I have proof that I have uninstalled the software before they will refund me my money. Two problems with this: 1) I am unable to install it because the uninstaller requires a password that is not the same as my login password. 2) How do I get "proof" that I have uninstalled it?

I saw something that said it can be installed by simply dragging MPC into the Trash Can. I did that. Fine. I'm pretty sure it's still there.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 pm
Is this version 1.9? The uninstaller requires admin password, it deletes the app and some other resources. It doesnt delete the preferences file containing your serial

You could use a third party uninstaller although that probably needs the same admin password.

I would have thought a video of you deleting the app would meet their requirements. All of this of course ridiculous, as there is no way to stop you reinstalling at a later date. I cant think of any fool proof way unless its 2.0 which has iLok authorization

Do they have any suggestions? Its their policy after all.
By TheEPSD Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:36 am
If you go to your Applications folder in Finder, you can Command + Delete/Backspace and it will ask you to input your password. It's the sure way of fully deleting something. If it's gone from your Applications folder, it is uninstalled, simple as that.

On another note, I'm using the trial of MPC 2 and I want to buy an MPK Mini. Is it really bundled? I can't find anything about it on the website.

Thanks