MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By tigersharc1 Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:45 am
No I think its Akai. I have the same issue with Melda Productions VST's. Couple dudes from MPC page on Facebook have problems with Camel Crusher vat's....... All using MPC software with either 2.4 or higher. Mojave OS and the most current update.
By optik415 Sat May 11, 2019 10:47 pm
This prob is one of the reasons why I'm strictly standalone on the MPC Live now.
By tigersharc1 Wed May 15, 2019 3:33 am
I'm sure most of you know Apple just updated the OS to 10.14.5. This update actually fixed the GUI issue with my waves plug in's but not the Melda Production plug in's. I still don't understand why the plug in's were only affected with the MPC software and not Logic Pro or FL Studio. Either way the OS update fixed my issue with the GUI's on the Waves plug in's......
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:24 pm
Curious how folks are using 3rd party plugs without plugin delay compensation.

Not with effects, but I've had quite a few GUI issue within MPC software. Arturia synths and Superior Drummer 3 GUIs, for example, are glitchy as hell. After direct contact with MPC support, the verdict was that it's a compatibility issue.

With the MPC software not officially compatible with these plugins (never listed with other DAWs), I've come to expect issues, and I'm nervous that they won't be addressed by 3rd parties if it's on their end.
By Monotremata Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:42 pm
Bezo wrote:Curious how folks are using 3rd party plugs without plugin delay compensation.

Not with effects, but I've had quite a few GUI issue within MPC software. Arturia synths and Superior Drummer 3 GUIs, for example, are glitchy as hell. After direct contact with MPC support, the verdict was that it's a compatibility issue.

With the MPC software not officially compatible with these plugins (never listed with other DAWs), I've come to expect issues, and I'm nervous that they won't be addressed by 3rd parties if it's on their end.

I have some tracks I started when I first got the MPC that have 3rd party plugs all over the place, so those all sound ok because I have a feeling the entire project is being delayed when it plays heh. I wont use them anymore though on new projects. I stick to only the Akai stuff for now, and have to try my best to keep in my head what I want to do to it later in Logic. It makes it really tough sometimes while working in it because I have that tendency to mix as I go and its kinda frustrating I have to put parts of it on hold and hope I remember what I need to use Logic to do after everything is finished in the MPC and its ready to bounce out.

Was going to start setting things up so Im just using the MPC inside Logic with everything bussed out but when I want to open those projects up in Standalone, it saves the outputs with the MPC song (and not just the settings for the plugin) so your project is now playing on outputs that no longer exist heh. Took me awhile to figure out why 9/10 of my tracks in a song weren't making any noise the other day hehe. Only the drum track on outputs 1/2 was playing. Oops.

I wonder, in Logic, I use the Waves SSL compressor on the Master outputs every time. Can you put this on the master bus in the MPC and then every track will already be delayed so adding further plugins keeps it in line or will more plugins just make those particular tracks go even farther out of whack??
By Bezo Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 pm
Monotremata wrote:...I wonder, in Logic, I use the Waves SSL compressor on the Master outputs every time. Can you put this on the master bus in the MPC and then every track will already be delayed so adding further plugins keeps it in line or will more plugins just make those particular tracks go even farther out of whack??
I do this sometimes with a limiter & maybe a tape or vinyl emulation just for something to listen to in the car prior to a proper mix in Logic. It seems to effect that tracks equally, so no harm.