MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Hovito Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:35 pm
Hi,

Has anyone bought expansion packs other than from AKAI? I see this guy on Ebay with like 60 packs for 40$. Seller has about 30 good reviews. Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you
By Junkmanukuk Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:16 pm
Heres another one

eBay item number:326010388302 Akai 117 Expansions Force MPC X One+ Live I II Or 2 - 128GB SD Card With 100+GB

The seller is constantly selling the bundle on there everyday

When i reported the listing the response was

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found.

What happened:

We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made by a customer service agent.

Ebay dont do anything and inmusicbrands.com seem powerless to stop them or dont really care
By Junkmanukuk Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:31 am
Ive messaged inmusicbrands.com serveral times over a 3 month period

Hi

Ive reported this seller in the past that's constantly selling mpc expansions packs on eBay and also too yourselves but nothing is being done about them

So is it OK to sell copies of your Akai Expansions if so I will sell the ones I also have if it's OK?

the-real-d-street ebay item 325961488874

Hope you will get this sorted as its unfair on the people that actually pay for the products and support you

Thanks

Response

Hi

Thank you for reaching out to us! I apologize for the delayed response, as we have been handling a high volume of tickets recently.

Thank you for providing the update. We acknowledge the existence of this user, however, the resolution process with eBay is unfortunately progressing at a slow pace. We truly value your continued support!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Best Regards,
Nikola
Customer Experience Advisor

The same guy is still selling the same expansion packs daily

I might start selling the ones i have bought legitly and recoupe some of the money ive paid for them as ebay and inmusicbrands.com dont seem to care
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:02 am
You have to understand that the entire process is dictated by eBay, and they often do everything they can to not get involved, my experience is that they try to claim it’s a licence disagreement and something you should pursue against the seller in the courts. Other times I’ve managed to have listings removed but they’ve allowed the same seller to continue relisting the same item.

I can assure you that akai definitely do care about this but the process is slow, even if you have expensive lawyers and follow all the correct procedures. I’m not sure blaming akai for eBay sellers ripping them off and just joining in yourself is the way forward.