MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Glen Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:07 pm
Hi All,
Need some help with troubleshooting this issue. I'm new to the MPC Live software, but have been using the MPC as standalone for a while. All software is up to the latest firmware and versions (2.5).
- I'm on a Windows 10 Home with 16GB Ram.
- I tried all of my USB ports with the included blue USB cable.
- I launch the software first, then switch the MPC to controller mode.
That's where it sits. I can see that the computer recognizes the MPC. When I hit the pads, I can see the corresponding pads on the software light up. But that's it. The MPC screen never gets past the "Looking for computer" part. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Glen
By EnochLight Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm
Glen wrote:Hi All,
Need some help with troubleshooting this issue. I'm new to the MPC Live software, but have been using the MPC as standalone for a while. All software is up to the latest firmware and versions (2.5).
- I'm on a Windows 10 Home with 16GB Ram.
- I tried all of my USB ports with the included blue USB cable.
- I launch the software first, then switch the MPC to controller mode.
That's where it sits. I can see that the computer recognizes the MPC. When I hit the pads, I can see the corresponding pads on the software light up. But that's it. The MPC screen never gets past the "Looking for computer" part. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Glen

Have you tried turning on your MPC Live first, starting an empty project, tap the Enter Controller Mode icon, and after starting controller mode, after your Live shows the "Looking for computer" red screen, then start the MPC Software on your computer? Works fine for me this way (Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, MPC 2.5, and latest firmware)...

Also, make sure you're plugged in to a blue USB 3.0 port.