MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By RCamizzi Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:31 pm
In MPC 2.5
:evil: Keys out of tune and random octave changes. In stand-alone the pads and midi keyboards play normal. In controller mode, since I’ve downloaded and installed MPC 2.5 software and firmware the keys and pads are out of order and some don’t play at all when playing instruments.

I’ve contacted support several times via email and web form and gotten no answer. I’ve disconnected, reinstalled, restarted...all the usual troubleshooting. This is a big and it’s hurt my work flow for three days.

I’ve been an MPC user since 2000 and I’m almost to the point where I’m actually considering going another route. The buggy software and the freezing issues I’ve had with the Live is unacceptable when creating and embarrassing when you’re in the middle of working with a client.
By Certified Beatz Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:45 am
You sound foolish you really do how can you say you been using a mpc for 19 years say this.. its in the manual.

Freezing issues how did you run the install. Buggy software what operating system anything running that would slow the akai application.. what other programs are you using. I cannot stand those that complain when the problem 9 times out 10 is negligence on the end user and old IT saying ID10T..
By quietizkept Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:45 am
:WTF:
I would learn some punctuation before I called anyone foolish, but that's just me. There is literally nothing about any of these issues in the manual. There is nothing in the post suggesting anything but buggy software, which is par for the course. Anyone who knows the current software knows it's a problem-ridden mess, and 9 out of 10 times the problem is in the crap software not working as advertised, and not the end user. Akai support is the most grossly incompetent of any software or hardware company I've ever dealt with. I have pages and pages of evidence. I'm not perfect but I'm pretty savvy, and truthfully MPC is the only software I've ever had major problems with. Over and over. With incompetent help. Akai support has about one more time pissing me off before I make a giant thread about it to shine some light on the issue. I have literal pages of support emails where they clearly just scanned the email for keywords, threw irrelevant canned responses at it, and closed the ticket, without even seeing if their "support" helped, which it never, ever did. I don't want them to die as a company or anything, I just want their support staff to shape up. If you have an issue, you can get help here or maybe Gearslutz but otherwise you're on your own.

ALL THAT SAID: MPC's are transparent & crucial to my creative progress. I was on FL studio for versions 3-5 and I got to the point where just looking at it made me want to quit music. Now, I can just look over at my desk, and I get inspired. If that weren't the case I'd be out, too. Also, it's not like I'm made of money, and switching setups really isn't a viable option financially. I've saved every installer since I started on MPC Software (around 1.6 if memory serves) because I have every reason to believe a future update will break a feature I need (again), and I'll just have to stick myself in a time warp to make music on a setup that works.

What you do in the end is really a cost vs. benefit type thing. Good luck. I humbly suggest the "Foe" feature of this forum so you can silence the people who think that a response like the one above is OK to post. It's not. I did.
By Certified Beatz Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 am
quietizkept wrote::WTF:
I would learn some punctuation before I called anyone foolish, but that's just me. There is literally nothing about any of these issues in the manual. There is nothing in the post suggesting anything but buggy software, which is par for the course. Anyone who knows the current software knows it's a problem-ridden mess, and 9 out of 10 times the problem is in the **** software not working as advertised, and not the end user. Akai support is the most grossly incompetent of any software or hardware company I've ever dealt with. I have pages and pages of evidence. I'm not perfect but I'm pretty savvy, and truthfully MPC is the only software I've ever had major problems with. Over and over. With incompetent help. Akai support has about one more time pissing me off before I make a giant thread about it to shine some light on the issue. I have literal pages of support emails where they clearly just scanned the email for keywords, threw irrelevant canned responses at it, and closed the ticket, without even seeing if their "support" helped, which it never, ever did. I don't want them to die as a company or anything, I just want their support staff to shape up. If you have an issue, you can get help here or maybe Gearslutz but otherwise you're on your own.

ALL THAT SAID: MPC's are transparent & crucial to my creative progress. I was on FL studio for versions 3-5 and I got to the point where just looking at it made me want to quit music. Now, I can just look over at my desk, and I get inspired. If that weren't the case I'd be out, too. Also, it's not like I'm made of money, and switching setups really isn't a viable option financially. I've saved every installer since I started on MPC Software (around 1.6 if memory serves) because I have every reason to believe a future update will break a feature I need (again), and I'll just have to stick myself in a time warp to make music on a setup that works.

What you do in the end is really a cost vs. benefit type thing. Good luck. I humbly suggest the "Foe" feature of this forum so you can silence the people who think that a response like the one above is OK to post. It's not. I did.

Punctuate this sell and buy something else... :worthy: :worthy: