MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By huglife187 Fri May 10, 2019 7:15 am
is it possible to install the new mpc software 2.5 but still have the old 1.9.6 software on the same pc, so i can use both for different projects (not at the same time)? i'm still using the mpc studio and the old software works fine for me but i'm interestet how i like the new workflow and maybe switch completely in the future, or maybe not.
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 10, 2019 8:07 am
I have both on a Mac. I renamed the 1.9.6 app then installed 2.x. The only problem I had was 1.9.6 lost all it's FX, I think that's because the 2.x installer deleted the contents of the 'fx' folder from the MPC application data folder (this contained all the internal MPC fx plugins for 1.9.x only). I just restored it from an old backup. No problems now.
By MPC-Tutor Fri May 10, 2019 4:08 pm
tigersharc1 wrote:@ MPC Tutor, on your 1.9.6 version are you able to see the GUI on third party plug in's? I thought about trying this to see if it solved the 2.4 - 2.5 GUI issue with third party stuff.

Third party VST GUIs show up fine for me in 1.9.6, but they also show up fine in 2.5, I haven't tested all of mine though. Is this related to specific VSTs?