MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Sicko Fri May 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Hi everyone,

I would like to record live performances from my mpc X into the mpc software but i'm facing some questions.
The idea is to mess around with the mpc and basically freestyle on it while recording what's happening from the very begining (i run a 2 or 4 bar loop and add elements on the fly etc..).
My idea is to use the MPC X in standalone and record my jam in one audio track into MPC software via a regular usb interface like i would normally do with any other software or like i used to with my 2000 into logic.
The problem is the loss of audio quality that does not exist when using the MPC + MPC sofware in controller mode.. but i don't think i can do what i want in that configuration - the main idea is to get a complete let's say 5 minutes audio file without any later sequencing or processing ..just the live jam.. From how i use the mpc in controller mode wether i jam using a 2 or 4 sequence loop playing but then i have to edit a song a i lose the whole "on the fly" thing .. whether i start with a 300 bars loop for example but i don't get to have my triggers to play in loop(2)..
What i'd like is to have my mpc X running into the software like a plug in and juss record a whole beat live and export it without further editing..
Is there any way to do that ? maybe using clips (never tried) ? or am i sentenced to use the regular old fashion way ?
(edit) To be a little more precise after i've seen videos about clip mode, i want to be able to start beats from scratch and not using premade loops.. i want to use my machine like a looper but at the same time like a song recorder..

Thank you !

thumbs up if you understand what i'm saying pretty clearly (i'm better at french)

Peace !