MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Monotremata Mon May 27, 2019 5:58 am
Ok so about two weeks or so into the MPC Software, I can almost run the software just looking at the MPC Studio now, this thing rules. Cant believe I didnt add a real MPC to Logic years ago hehe.

Anyways, from my Google searching, Im aware there is no easy way to rearrange your tracks, but what I would like to do is rearrange the order of the programs themselves in the mixer.

In the one song Im working on at the moment as an example, it contains about 10 programs altogether. Some of these were added, and not used in the end, but are still in the songs pool. I have all of my MIDI tracks arranged exactly how I want them: my drum kit is track 1, drum loop is track 2, bass track 3, etc... The problem is, when I open the track mixer, my MIDI tracks are arranged in the order I want, but the program section is in the order that the programs were added to the project?? Because of the order I added them, the actual program tracks are more like: drum loop is track 1, ambient loop is track 2, second ambient loop is track 3, drum kit is track 4, etc. Is there any way to line these up??

When Im doing any sort of mixing in the app, I use Track View, and like to use the track layout above as a reference. It would be nice if the program tracks lined up with the MIDI tracks so it was laid out more like my mixer in Logic would.. I was about to just take notes, and delete all the programs and re-add them in the order I want them lined up but figured I would ask to see if this was possible..