MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Newmpcuser76 Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:10 pm
What's up guys I just moved over to the dark side as in going to a digital foemat with the MPC Studio and 1.9.6 software from a standalone legacy sampler (MPC2000) classic.

So what i'm wanting to do and have been trying to do is play my chops from the mpc studio pads and sequence them in 2000. But for some reason either the 2000 isn't receiving the data or the mpc software isn't transmitting the data. I was wondering if there was something in the software that I need to do to allow me to accomplish this. On another note the studio pads do map to the 2000 pads so I can play the chops and sequence from the 2000 but I want it the other way around kinda like using the software as a sound module.

Basically I want to use the 2000 for drums/perc.and and the studio/software for samples and instruments is this possible?
By Lampdog Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:28 pm
Isn't there midi issues or something with the software?

Do a search around the MPC Software topics, I think I've read something about that in several different threads.
By Monotremata Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 am
I think the only issue is it wont do multi-timbral input. It doesn't matter what MIDI channel is coming in, it only records it to the track you have selected in the software right now. Supposed to be one of those things thats 'coming' in 3.0.

To start Id probably drop the cash and upgrade that old software right away. 2.0 is a hell of a lot different and 1.x has been dead in the water and aint getting anymore updates. 1.0 was almost a joke. 2.0 still isn't quite up to 'classic' MPC status, but its getting there quick.

You should be able to slave it to the 2000 no problem, but I have no idea how to set that up over there. The menu options in the old versions are different than 2.0. (which are even different than the current 2.5 hah). The software is changing fairly rapidly, Id get the new one if I were you first.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:59 pm
Thanks for answering!