MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Lemmy Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:16 am
Hi,
I mentioned this in the Touch forum but it's a general software issue.

Please development team, give us an optional mode where the play head resets to where you started from when you stop the sequence.

I don't think it's a big ask in terms of software development time, and it would really improve the workflow in my opinion.

The current workaround for this is to set the loop length in the sequence and then hit Play From Start. Setting the loop is very slow compared to clicking in the timeline, and you have to remember to unset it afterwards. Also it's not possible to select a loop start point which is not a whole bar.

This is a basic DAW feature.

Also, what would be really useful:

- Editing of sequences using fractions of bars. E.g. delete 1.3 bars, insert 2.1 bars. Set loop from 3.2 to 6.2
I'm having to work round the 'whole bar' limitation a lot.
- Mute midi note option
- Midi implementation which recognises different channels (I'm guessing you have heard this one before...)