MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By ryoaska1 Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 pm
Trying to use MPC 2.0 vst in FL Studio (20, windows) with my MPD 226. The setup videos I saw said to go to edit -> Preferences -> Hardware, and set 'record/overdub' to "to Host Daw" (actually the only videos I can see show MPC 1.8 software not 2.0). I can find these settings in 2.0 but it won't let me change any of the settings. Is it possible to get my MPD working with MPC 2.0 software in FL?
By ryoaska1 Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:55 pm
OK I just realized that the pads are working with the plugin, but they only work in the one 'main' mode to trigger whatever program is loaded. When I go to sample edit mode and try to use the functionality assigned to specific pads (the pads that play back the sample in different ways, and chop sample) they don't work for that, they still just play the loaded program samples.

I'm specifically trying to do the manual chop while the sample is playing (heard it called 'lazy chop' or 'pad slicing'), just can't figure out how to get pads working in this mode.
By 83dude Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:26 am
With the MPD only Note, CC and PC data is transmitted. Many features in the software are only accessible via the MPC hardware‘s internal control protocol, e.g. as the pads in SAMPLE EDIT. They can‘t be triggered by standard MIDI Channel Messages.

Sorry.