MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By 83dude Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:01 pm
Hi there,

I am a long-time Reason user and I do a lot of sample processing in it, as well as for mixing, mastering and arranging.

Since Reason 11 now has a nice VST feature to implement its' rack into other DAWs I was just wondering whether any of you already has had experience with that in MPC Software.
Any of you already tried loading the Reason 11 rack into MPC Software 2.0 (or later)? Any thoughts/experiences to share?
By Sheldon Lawrenc Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:20 am
The reason rack plugin is vst3 and the mpc software only supports vst2 and au. Propellerheads has an au version of the plugin coming out later, but that will only load in the mpc software on a mac (hopefully). You could try the plugin below, which should work as long as it runs properly in the mpc software. I haven't tried it, so I wish you luck: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... PatchWork/

I hope akai decides to implement vst3 capability into its software for those of us who like to have easy access to all our plugins. Please, akai. :) Thank you.
By 83dude Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:45 am
Thanks for your feedback. I think I‘ll give the update a shot. :worthy:
By 83dude Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:30 pm
Crimsonplaya93 wrote:Can you walk me through how to get this to work? I still can’t get my mpc software to recognize the reason rack.

Did you create a plugin track in MPC Software first?
By 83dude Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:41 am
Actually, it should be used the other way round. Reason is available as a plugin since version 11, so I was rather asking whether Reason could be used in MPC Software. The other way round always worked like seemlessly before. :wink:

On a side note to keep you updated:
It works so well, I don't know why I hesitated in the beginning. Finally I can use my loved signal chains for bass and other tools without the need to seperately export and reimport/resample into MPC Software. :worthy:
Love it!
By NearTao Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 pm
83dude wrote:On a side note to keep you updated:
It works so well, I don't know why I hesitated in the beginning. Finally I can use my loved signal chains for bass and other tools without the need to seperately export and reimport/resample into MPC Software. :worthy:
Love it!

Nice, I would have guessed it would work, but glad it works seamlessly :)