MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By quietizkept Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 pm
Pretty sure, yes. I see Ren questions pop up fairly often & recently. The Studio Silver still does for sure, I don't see why the Ren wouldn't. Before 2.0, i posted a question in here asking if 2.0 would render the Ren obsolete, the answer was a resounding no. Then the Ren prices got stupid so I got a Studio. Beat it to death then got my Black.

Someone back me up on this.
By huglife187 Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 pm
deniscratch wrote:Is possible to use MPC software 2.6 in Renaissance? Anybody know....

copied from new features list in 2.6

"Program Edit - Plugin/MIDI

Parameter labels will no longer disappear from MPC Renaissance and Studio’s LCD displays when pressing pads
Changes to parameter layouts in the GUI are now correctly reflected on MPC Renaissance and Studio’s LCD displays"

should work but don't be mad at me if akai **** it up again
By morph860 Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:40 pm
When I installed the update for 2.6, it asked me to select which MPC I had. The Ren was one of the options available.
By 83dude Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 am
Backing up indeed:

In my own project studio and privately I am using the Ren and the old Studio (silver) with 2.6 on two different Macs.

Also at my university students are working on a Ren with MPC Software 2.6 for their studies. They‘re working on a Mac, too.

Can‘t tell anything about using it with a Windows OS, though...
By Monotremata Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 pm
It SHOULD work, but whether the drivers are still going strong is the key.. This seems to be what Ive seen people mentioning lately at the Akai forums.. It works great with my Studio Black, and I see the Ren as an option when I install the software so.. But Im also on a Mac as well.

Don't feel too bad, the software crashes on me half the time using the MPC Live in controller mode even so it aint exactly stable to begin with hah.