MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Tukatone415 Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 pm
I just updated my MPC X software to 2.7 and now It won’t let me update the driver (MPC X) because the I’m running Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. To update the driver I need 10.12 or higher. It it a way to undo the update?? Help a brotha out
By GBake Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:05 am
Yo guys I recently upgraded to El Capitan for the use of FL Studio. Since then my MPC software had been stating my hardware is out of date and would not communicate the mpc x with software. I upgraded to 2.7 (which is the most recent), and it still claimed my hardware was out of date. After a couple of hours of re-installing firmware and the software from akai I had no luck.. I decided to download app cleaner and dragged the mpc application into the cleaner and it uninstalled every file associated however it did not harm my project files. Once that was completed I downloaded MPC X software 2.6 (2.7 is not compattible with El Capitan). Since then the software now communicates with my mpc x (thank god), the MPC X still has the 2.7 firmware installed and still works. If your worried about project files, I backed them up to an external drive, once software was installed I re-opened them and they worked a dream, not one thing had changed.

I hope this helps anyone who is having the same issues I had, it's 4am but I can go to bed knowing my MPC X will be ready for the morning. Peace