MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Adûn Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:20 pm
I seem to be unable to trigger the function pads (you know like play to end, play from start etc) in the trim section of the sample editor with my MPD 218 pads. While I am in that window it will still trigger samples I have loaded into my program, if there are non assigned it will trigger nothing at all. I can click on the buttons with my mouse though.

What am I doing wrong? I've only started using the software. This is my screen:

By 3kbeatz Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:32 pm
This was probably the way you must have resolved it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfS3vvNeEU&t=2s

However, I believe there is a better way. There is a factory MIDI Map for the controller called "AKAI MPD218". You see it when you're in MIDI Learn mode in the software. Just click on the drop down box next to the [ENABLED] button, hover over "Factory" and "AKAI" and select it from the list. Now all the pads and rotary knobs are mapped to the controller instantly. However there's one thing that needs to be done or else you won't have the functionality you're looking for. Go to the menu and select Edit>Preferences>MIDI/Sync and find your MPD218 Midi controller. Make sure both [TRACK] and [CONTROL] buttons are turned ON or lit then press [OK]. The next thing you need to do is make sure the controller is set to program 5 (pad 5). Just press the "PROG SELECT" button and Pad 5 at same time. That's it. Your controller is now set to control MPC Beats software using Pads and rotary knobs! You're welcome!