MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By wincosushi Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:13 pm
So, I recently moved out of the house with the studio I've been using or years (iMac + MPC Renaissance + MPC 2.0) and set up MPC software on my MacBook to use with my MPC Studio until I get another Ren. I'm not sure if this bug is related to the Studio, the Software Update (I'm pretty certain I updated to 2.7.2 on the old iMac though), a setting that I changed a long time ago and forgot about, or the fact I'm running Catalina now but here goes:

Since as long as I can remember, I've recorded samples and made tweaks to them using Trim while it plays back or in-between playbacks to dial in the exact timing of the beginning of the sample. Now it seems to be locking the sample in at however it was exactly when I recorded it in (whether the beginning or end has been edited). The fix seems to be clearing the pad of the sample a dragging it back onto the pad which is absolutely ridiculous to do every time I tweak a sample. I have also noticed the sample will start where the Trim cursor is placed only when I Discard the part of the sample ahead of the cursor, which I also ridiculous. I'm hoping this is just a bug and not an update because this is how MPC has worked even back to when I was using an MPC 1000 and I will be extremely heated if they changed something this drastic.

Anybody with the same experience??