MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By a.ko Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Hi,

is it possible to layer sounds without loading them into the sample pool. So I load a KICK to Pad1, than I want to layer that kick with another kick or HiHat or whatever, I go to PROGRAM EDIT, SAMPLES, go to LAYER2. From here I just can see the Sample Pool. But would it be much nicer to have access to my other Sample content or HDD?!

With the current way, I have to decide which sample I want to layer, because first I have to load it into the sample pool and than go to PROGRAM EDIT.

Is it a feature request or am I missing something?
By Lampdog Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:26 pm
SAMPLE POOL are samples loaded into RAM/memory.

RAM/Memory is your workspace.

RAM/Memory is what you use to work from.

You can’t drive a car while the tires are still in the tire shop.

Put the tires on, ROLL WIDDIT!
By NearTao Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:15 pm
If you want access to all the samples on your HDD and have them streamed from disk... you're probably going to want a DAW... however you still need to load them into your system before you can use them.

Even though Ableton Live offers disk streaming, it doesn't magically know what you want to do with it... and you need to load it into a sampler or clip so that you can layer them.