MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Adrien S Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:09 pm
Hi, I have contacted Aka i(Support) a couple of times but never received any answer.
I'm going to copy/paste what I emailed them and if any of you guys are able to help I would be extremely grateful :worthy:

I am a Akai MPC Live user and a fairly urgent problem with a session that I cannot open anymore with the software MPC software (latest version).

When clicking on the XPJ file, the software opens but I am received with an error message saying MPC PROJECT FILE IS MISSING. and it gives me the path on where the XPJ file is located on my laptop (but that's actually the file that I clicked on and try to open).

Key information:
- This project has been created from the Akai Software (not in MPC standalone)
- I can still open all other projects with no problem
- Despite the error message, the project still opens all the sessions, tracks, BPM, even automation etc.. It's just that there is no song coming out of it
- The Project Data folder is at the right place and contains all the sequences, wavs, etc..

I have created for you a Wetransfer link so you can investigate it:
https://we.tl/t-7cstA9WYfc
I would be extremely grateful if you could fix this for me as I really need to finish this song and send it over soon.

Thanks
Adrien
By Lampdog Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:47 pm
I loaded it.

Plugins were used on the original project, saved and sent to you. Now when opening you don't have those same plugins, the project will continue to load but without those plugins. It's telling you they are missing.6 plugins are missing it says (on my system I don't have those plugins) and it lists the first three.
When I send a project to someone I make the entire thing on standalone, no extra anything and it ALWAYS works on the other end.

Creator of the project can also sample the plugins and put the samples on pads, that way it's not a plugin anymore, it's a sample and will load on standalone or software without a problem. I've done that before too.

By Adrien S Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:22 am
Hey, thanks for the answer.

Makes sense that you cannot open it if you do not have the Plugins. But I obviously do. So the only error message that I'm having is the second one.
And as mentioned no sound is coming out at all right now, I do not have any work around :(
By MPC-Tutor Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am
Theres no sound becuase your project folder is missing every single referenced sample. Just look inside the D5_ProjectData folder, there's no samples. Open D5.xpj in a text editor and you'll see the list of samples that it is looking for, none of them are in the projectData folder. For example, 006 Lead Moog 2-021-127-TK3T.WAV, SS - Massive Synth2-21-127-DWLP.WAV , Trap-Kick-Money Kik 2.WAV and so on.

Locate the original samples, copy them to the ProjectData folder, reload the XPJ and you should be fine.
By Adrien S Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm
Hi MPC-Tutor, I'm still trying to figure out really what happened, but based on your advise I understand that I should probably re-add all the files to the Project Data Folder

Can I ask how and when all these missing files names appeared?
Because even if it's going to be a bit tedious I can locate them on my hard drive and copy/paste them to the Project Data Folder ; however I do not find a way to obtain this list, as the only error message that I see is "MPC PROJECT FILE IS MISSING"

Sorry to be a pain and thanks for your help :worthy: