MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Adrien S Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:23 pm
Hi guys,

This might be a stupid question, but are sub-mixes and master effects effective when you export a song in separated programs? Or when you explode tracks?

As example if you send a few instruments (programs) to a sub-mix channel, and you add some (Compressors, EQs, maybe a couple of effects). Then you add all your sub-mixes to the master, and there you still adjust and add a little compression and EQ.

Will all these changes be effective when you export your track with separated programs?

Hope this is clear, I'm happy to give more details if needed.

Thanks a lot!
Adrien
By Adrien S Wed May 13, 2020 6:26 pm
Aaaaaah, the good old and hostile forum environment.

Believe it or not, if I post something on a forum it's because I actually did my own researches and did not find a conclusive answer.

I honestly do not understand the point of giving evasive answers if you actually could help.
By Ltrizz Fri May 15, 2020 7:29 pm
I believe they do on the master bus... I’m not sure about submixes. Sorry for the corny responses that you got from people. If I’m lost looking for directions I’d hate to have the response be.. why don’t you use google maps. I hope you encounter more cool and humble people. Don’t let it stop you from asking questions. Each one teach one...
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat May 23, 2020 12:14 am
Adrien S wrote:Thanks Ltrizz ;)

Ahah and yeah it's pretty odd this type of attitude you can see on forum sometimes..
I don't understand how you can take some of your time to write some completely unhelpful passive/aggressive answers..

Stick some obvious effects on the sends and have a test.
Never had cause to try as I track out to my DAW and add fx there.
By Adrien S Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am
Ok so after a few tries, and for those who have interest but do not want to go through dumb useless answers from the forum veterans, the answer seem to be... No!

I have tried indeed to stick some obvious effects to the submixes, and exported it as separated programs, and it clearly does not take it into account.
Same thing with effects on the Master mix.

I guess I kind on can understand why it's probably tricky to apply these effects on separated programs, but this is still quite disappointing..

Anyhow if anyone has any different or complementary feedback it would be interesting to hear it!
Thanks
By Adrien S Tue May 26, 2020 4:33 pm
I don't often export separated programs but sometimes I'll have to if someone wants to use a proper mix once they put vocals on it.

It's a bit disappointing that none sub-mixes or master mixes are taken into account in these situation.

And yeah indeed I had the answer by trying but that still does not mean that I know everything on the topic. I just wished that someone more experienced could either provide me me a full comprehensive explanation or point me to the right direction. Anyway!
By otobot Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:26 pm
If you need the sends' and busses' effects printed on the seperately exported programs, the only way is to do separate exports of the solo'ed tracks "the old fashioned way". That way you can also combine groups of programs to stems.

Any DAW I know works this way. So it's really not a fault of the MPC software.

Cheers