MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By acura Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 pm
Hi,

I upgraded from 2.6 to 2.8 and I'm having far higher CPU loads in all of my projects. Projects that used to run smoothly (even with a couple of demanding plugins) now show a non-smooth playhead line as well as some seconds of delay when hitting the stop button... I never had such a problem before and I own the MPC Ren since 2013.

Apart from that I really like 2.8!

I'm on a MacBook Pro 15'' from early 2013 with a 2,4 Ghz quad core i7, running 10.14.6.

Can anybody confirm?

P.S.:
as a reference, I can run Logic with multiple times more plugins and usually around 40 audio tracks without any problems, so I strongly believe the coding of the MPC software is very CPU hungry... :?
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am
acura wrote:Hi,

I upgraded from 2.6 to 2.8 and I'm having far higher CPU loads in all of my projects. Projects that used to run smoothly (even with a couple of demanding plugins) now show a non-smooth playhead line as well as some seconds of delay when hitting the stop button... I never had such a problem before and I own the MPC Ren since 2013.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 15'' from early 2013 with a 2,4 Ghz quad core i7, running 10.14.6.

Can anybody confirm?

P.S.:
as a reference, I can run Logic with multiple times more plugins and usually around 40 audio tracks without any problems, so I strongly believe the coding of the MPC software is very CPU hungry... :?

Found the opposite actually though I was on 2.7.
Also less lag between software and hardware as a plugin.
By tonemelle Mon May 25, 2020 4:15 pm
acura wrote:Hi,

Can anybody confirm?

P.S.:

I went through the exact process aswell. Noticed super CPU hungry behaviour even after switching the Audiowarp Algorithms.. I also stayed on 2.6 because I was noticing some samples were disappearing in the audio tracks anytime I adjusted the BPM. It does this in 2.7 and 2.8 but not in 2.6. 2.8 is a great update but Akai gotta get these workflow affecting bugs out the way
By acura Sat May 30, 2020 7:52 am
Okay so my experience of the last days is mixed... Sometimes the load is more heavy compared to 2.6 and sometimes (even in the same project) it seems to be less.

Yesterday I was working on a beat with more tracks and plugins than on average and I could actually work very well!

I put the software in fullscreen and moved the view back to the main screen on my Macbook Pro, so the software was not visible. I worked mostly with the hardware (MPC Ren).
I will try this again in the next days and see if it's a solution.
By bbow73 Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:47 am
I’m having the same problem. Changing bpm, changing sequences...I have to reload the project after a little while.
Did this get fixed in 2.9?
By GuruVirus Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:29 am
When playing, making changes, switching between modes, etc. MPC will slowly build up a memory leak of some sort. I haven't watched actual memory usage to confirm, but the symptoms are indicative of improper garbage cleanup (de-allocating variables & objects from memory). I notice it after jamming for about 20 minutes w/ 16GB RAM, 3.5Ghz. MPC 2.9

Tonight I ran into a different symptom: in the Program Edit screen, on a key group, the sample Amp envelope drawing for Attack, Hold, etc. stopped updating, along with all parameter values, although I could tell they were changing by the output sound change and some of the dials still drew their circular amount properly. To fix both this and the above issue I have to save and exit/restart MPC.
By JaxMusik Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:03 am
Wow, taught i was insane until finally deciding to look it up on the forum (haven't been here in a few years). When i load some old projects that use to run smoothly on 2.6, wont play without skipping/jumping like crazy. Regardless of number of VST's i use or just straight samples, whenever i reach track 4 or 5 in a sequence, the lag starts and then just deteriorates by adding new tracks. Dont have this issue with Logic nor FL Studio (yeah, i know). I'm hoping that this changes soon as i miss using my mpc and this issue lead me to use FL a lot more but i'm still not use to the workflow change. I changed the hard drive to an SSD and boosted my RAM to 16GB but no changes at all???
By stefika Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:46 pm
I have the same problem. When I use MPC as plugin in logic Pro in controller mode. One of the cores is going crazy.
Logic Pro 10.7.4. / MPC Live Mk 1 / MPC Software 2.8 / MacBook Pro 16' M1 MAX, 64GB RAM , 4TB SSD