MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By nevillj2l Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:14 am
Greetings,

I have tried contacting support through the akaipro.com website twice and unfortunately nobody has got back to me. I've also posted in the getsatisfaction.com support at https://getsatisfaction.com/akai_profes ... e-problems. I'm a MPC Studio Black owner. Hoping somebody here can help.

I recently updated from 2.7 to 2.8 for both mac and windows. Mac update worked fine, no notable problems. Windows however, I have 2 DAW's Reaper and Tracktiom Waveform - when I load up the MPC VST instrument in either, the DAW just bombs out immediately. MPC running as a DAW in 'main mode' standalone works fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same problem reoccurs. Interestingly if I run Reaper or Tracktion Waveform as a user with Admin rights the instrument does indeed load up no problem. I prefer to use a standard account in Windows and do not wish to change my account to an Administrator account. 2.7 did not have this issue, that's for certain.

So the crux of the whole thing is I want to run MPC software as an instrument within Reaper. Any ideas what's going on here ? Would anyone have a link to MPC software 2.7.2 Windows Installer please ? 2.7 is not available through My Account on Akaipro.com only versions 2.8 and 1.9.6.1.

John.
By nevillj2l Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:03 pm
So for anyone that's interested....I figured a workaround to this problem...I reinstalled the 2.8 vsti dll into a folder of its own with full control user permissions for my windows user account and bam up and running again.

John.
By quietizkept Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 pm
Thanks for answering yourself in case someone else needs the info.
By themixtape Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:16 am
Hmm... not sure how to help, but I noticed that Getsatisfaction.com forum is COMPLETELY dead. That's a damn shame, considering there were a LOT of questions on that site, about Akai stuff, M-Audio, etc.

God, couldn't they just have archived it?
By rhizome Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:45 am
I have a similar problem with MPC 2.11.3 and Bitwig 4.3.4 on Windows 10 Pro. The MPC plugin loads fine in Bitwwig when I run it as an administrator but it crashes when I run it as a standard user. I tried reinstalling the VST to a directory with Full Control access for my user but in my case it didn't help. I event tried granting Full Control to the whole MPC directory withing Program Files with no success either.

I wonder if most people are doing their music production with admin accounts :?
By rhizome Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm
rhizome wrote:I have a similar problem [...]

Btw I've also reported the problem to support. If a lot of people do it they might care eventually...

I also tried with Reaper and got the same result as the OP. Bitwig has a mechanism to protect itself from buggy plugins, which explains why only the MPC plugin crashed and not the whole DAW.
By rhizome Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:21 am
So, Akai support got back to me and gave me a workaround. The trick is to temporarily make your user account an admin, install MPC and then make the user a standard user again.

Here is a verbatim of the steps they've provided me:

Uninstall MPC.
Temporarily make the standard user an administrator.
Install MPC on the account which is now the administrator.
Once installed, revoke the admin rights.
Open your DAW then load the MPC plugin as a standard user after revoking the administration rights.

Of course it feels a bit awkward having to do that and I think something isn't quite right with their installer, but at least we have a workaround now.