MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By NearTao Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:19 pm
inflict3 wrote:Well, already I found some stuff I don’t like about the software. I mapped everything to my mpd32 and when I move the knob I mapped to the start point of the sample it jumps by 200, even though I’m using the knob that is labeled 1 it jumps by 200 even when I zoom in, so I’m forced to use the mouse. What’s the point in mapping it is I gotta go for the mouse in the end anyway.. am I missing something??

Does the software have a relative mode for knobs? This is a frequent "problem" with knobs that have a defined min and max position and using them with software. I forget if the mpd32 has endless rotary knobs or not. If it does, you might be able to change their behavior with the software.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:48 pm
inflict3 wrote:Well, already I found some stuff I don’t like about the software. I mapped everything to my mpd32 and when I move the knob I mapped to the start point of the sample it jumps by 200, even though I’m using the knob that is labeled 1 it jumps by 200 even when I zoom in, so I’m forced to use the mouse. What’s the point in mapping it is I gotta go for the mouse in the end anyway.. am I missing something??

Does the MPD 32 have shift button?
By inflict3 Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 am
NearTao wrote:

Does the software have a relative mode for knobs? This is a frequent "problem" with knobs that have a defined min and max position and using them with software. I forget if the mpd32 has endless rotary knobs or not. If it does, you might be able to change their behavior with the software.

It has endless knobs, I tried it with the faders and same thing, jumps by like 200. I’m gonna try a few more things, not sure where to start.
By inflict3 Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:12 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:

Does the MPD 32 have shift button?

No, no shift button, I tried holding different buttons and turning the knob with no luck, you would think once you zoomed in it would not jump as far.
By antic604 Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:48 am
Drew Hamlett wrote:Yea maybe more of an Apple approach, where you give away the software to sell the hardware. But I guess MPC software is already free if you buy One or Live.

Well, it sure worked on me - I tried Beats and ordered MPC One yesterday. I've been considering a standalone hardware unit for some months now, going between MPC / Force, Deluge, MC707 but Beats sealed the deal for me.

So I guess - good job, Akai! :)
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:52 am
inflict3 wrote:No, no shift button, I tried holding different buttons and turning the knob with no luck, you would think once you zoomed in it would not jump as far.

Using shift on a qwerty keyboard doesn't work. So you'll need to mouse it, or use some kind controller with faders. Shame the software and hardware doesn't support, MACKIE CONTROL.
By antic604 Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:23 pm
biomaskin wrote:Does MPC Beats currently have more plugins than my MPC One? :hmmm:

Which one are you missing? The one in the bottom-right is a composite image of several separate FX plugins, but they are (should be) there.
By inflict3 Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
inflict3 wrote:No, no shift button, I tried holding different buttons and turning the knob with no luck, you would think once you zoomed in it would not jump as far.

Using shift on a qwerty keyboard doesn't work. So you'll need to mouse it, or use some kind controller with faders. Shame the software and hardware doesn't support, MACKIE CONTROL.

Tried the faders, same thing, tried shift on computer keyboard, then start point doesn’t move..oh well..
By inflict3 Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:17 pm
Anyone else have this problem? It will not export mpc1000/2500 programs in 16bit. Even when I change import/export settings to 16 bit it just keeps exporting the samples in the program as 24bit which will not work in the mpc500/1000 any info on this on anyone else’s end??
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 pm
inflict3 wrote:Anyone else have this problem? It will not export mpc1000/2500 programs in 16bit. Even when I change import/export settings to 16 bit it just keeps exporting the samples in the program as 24bit which will not work in the mpc500/1000 any info on this on anyone else’s end??

Lol, I first reported this in 2012, and have re-reported a couple of times since. Hopefully now all these many MPC software bugs are going to be affecting significantly more people, Akai might get around to fixing them.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:19 pm
inflict3 wrote:Anyone else have this problem? It will not export mpc1000/2500 programs in 16bit. Even when I change import/export settings to 16 bit it just keeps exporting the samples in the program as 24bit which will not work in the mpc500/1000 any info on this on anyone else’s end??

Maybe it's only forward compatible, but not backward compatible. Old to new but not new to old. That way it forces user to upgrade. :lol: But 2.8.1 is now exporting some audio as blank files. :lol: These guys are vacations.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:25 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Lol, I first reported this in 2012, and have re-reported a couple of times since. Hopefully now all these many MPC software bugs are going to be affecting significantly more people, Akai might get around to fixing them.

2012? They'll get back to you later. :lol:
By DokBrown Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 pm
troshalom wrote:MPC Beats is a scaled down version of MPC. It does not replace MPC 2. You can look at as the long awaited much anticipated upgrade to MPC Essentials, which only has one track. This is really great for those of us that have the MPK Mini MkII.

Excerpt from p. 7 of the help files.

As I have said before AKAI/INMUSIC is going to have to decide whether the software or the hardware leads the way. Trying to keep “EVERYONE HAPPY” will overwhelm them & lead to failure.

I would never use NATIVE INSTRUMENTS but if you want a software DAW/beat package with integrated hardware, then NI is sweet. NI is smart NOT to waste time making standalone hardware just like ELEKTRON is smart to stick with hardware despite the OCTATRACK being super limited. The OCTA led the way with the crossfader functionality.

The MPC core has always been the hardware, music software surpassed the MPC line quite sometime ago. Nevertheless, users continued to cook magic with seemingly obsolete machines . . . . . .
By inflict3 Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:12 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Lol, I first reported this in 2012, and have re-reported a couple of times since. Hopefully now all these many MPC software bugs are going to be affecting significantly more people, Akai might get around to fixing them.

You, tutor. I figured out a work a round for this bug.. have to start a new empty project. Go into preferences/audio and change the sample rate to 44100hz. Then in preferences/ record/export change the recording bit depth to 16 also change the bounce bit depth to 16... now starting from scratch drag you sample from the mpc500 into mpc beats, do your chopping and make a destructive program, export it as a 1000/2500 program and now it’s 16 bit.. it seems you gotta start fresh after you change the settings or it will just keep exporting it as 24bit.. weird but glad it’s sorted..