MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By rkwarner2 Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 am
Hello all!

I'm very new to MPC's and music production in general. I've had my MPK Mini for a while and have been getting experience with MPC Essentials. I recently download the new MPC Beats Software and there seems to be a problem with the pad mappings. I'm using the Simple interface, and when I begin an empty project all the pads line up correctly, each lighting up for its corresponding pad that I press in both Bank A and B on the Mini. However, when I try to start any of the project templates, the pads do not line up correctly. They just seem to be randomly linked, and some of the pads don't even trigger any sound in the MPC Beats software.

I've already tried using the mapping file that Akai provided with the MPC Essentials software to see if something was wrong and that didn't work. Anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions for me to try?

Thanks!

Rk.
By a-shot Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:00 pm
I also have been having issues with it, and it seems that it is a glitch in several places
- After a fresh install if you did not select MPKii mini then next time you wont be able to select it
- If you do, and even if you select from the option, on the second an subsequent run chances are Knobs wont work
- If knobs did work they are assigned randomly.

I tried reinstalling with cleaning the PC before that and at first install it is somewhat decent but after that it becomes a mess. What am i doing wrong

PS - evne worse with MPD218 - seems that one is not configured at all
By Nathanc Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:47 pm
If you go into top left corner and go down to help and at the end of list will open start up wizard click on that with your midi plugged in and it should remap them correctly for you it worked for me anyway hope this helps
By kyawzayya Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm
Nathanc wrote:If you go into top left corner and go down to help and at the end of list will open start up wizard click on that with your midi plugged in and it should remap them correctly for you it worked for me anyway hope this helps

I have tried your advice, but not work. still happening the same ,assigned pad did not map the sample i play
By AnubX Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:41 am
1- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of MPC Beats (2.8.3). When you register your MPK, you should get a download link to install multiple software including the latest MPC beats with all drivers.
2- In MPC Beats, Open the Midi learn panel ctrl + shift + L
3- Select User > AKAI MPK mini 3 Copy
4- Click on Learn
5- View > QLinks
6- Select any qlinks you wish to un-map and then right-click - Clear midi mapping
7- Select any qlinks you wish to map - Move your rotary knob to map them
8- Click on learn again

By katsass Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:45 pm
I was Having the same issues as the other users stated, I was able to correct them by going to

Edit
preferences
Midi/Sync
then making sure Master, Control, and Track were all clicked for the desired input device.

This resolved all my mapping issues.
By CATLOVERZ Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 pm
katsass wrote:I was Having the same issues as the other users stated, I was able to correct them by going to

Edit
preferences
Midi/Sync
then making sure Master, Control, and Track were all clicked for the desired input device.

Huge thanks for this!! I've just registered to say thank you!
By Atmelcool Thu May 13, 2021 8:35 am
I solved the problem as follows, I just switched the program in the controller itself by selecting # 4 (fl studio20) then the pads began to hit as needed. then I unplugged the USB and closed the program. The next step I connected USB and in the controller I again selected program # 1 (mpc) and launched the application. The pads now match. With what such a failure is sacred, I still do not know.
By dameohare3 Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:44 pm
Finally figured it out thanks to that Anubis video posted above. Click the midi learn button, in the bottom right, to the right of the happy face. Then click the enable button in the upper right and select your midi controller! Now my mpk mini mk2 is all mapped correctly.
By AltusBarbarosa Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:07 pm
katsass wrote:I was Having the same issues as the other users stated, I was able to correct them by going to

Edit
preferences
Midi/Sync

I also registered just to say thank you for this. I can't believe this isn't in the startup guide.
By Atmelcool Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:09 am
It may also be useful to test your keys for the selected preset. To do this, press and hold the PROG SELECT button and select the desired pad. Each pad has a preset assigned to your DAW.
For example, for FLStudio this is pad 4, and for MPCBeats (MPC) this is pad 1. I think the discrepancy between the pads is caused by choosing the wrong preset.