MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Alisausks Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 pm
Hello, I'm quite new to music industry, I recently purchased Akai MPK mini MkIII , it came included with Hybrid 3 and some other software.

It took me a while to find the correct plugin folder, but eventually I did.
In my case it was under:

Disc C: Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/vstplugins

That folder contained all 3 of my software plugin files all ending with .dll
So I scanned the folder vstplugins in my MPC beats app, all plugins came with result "fail", because of that I can not utilize any of my plugin/virtual instrument software.
My current version of MPC beats is 2.8.2.

Is there anyway to fix this issue and make my plugins work? I am manly concerned about Hybrid 3 app.
By Bogman Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 pm
Did you notice that a hidden activation window appears on the background? You have to bring that window upfront and activate Hybrid before it can be add as a VST.
By christianvm Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:10 am
I'm in the same boat. I have activated all 3 plugins via the iLok License Manager installed on my machine. However they still fail to load when I scan the folder. What am I doing wrong? I bought an MK3 Mini for both myself and my son, and his birthday is in a couple days and I'd like to know what I'm doing when I go to install this all on his computer... Would really appreciate it if anyone can help me. Thanks in advance.
By christianvm Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:02 pm
I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with the level of support here. I purchased a new product and clicking one of the links in the installer takes me to a non-existent website. Was I scammed? Does this product have any support at all?
By dsy73 Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:43 am
christianvm wrote:I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with the level of support here. I purchased a new product and clicking one of the links in the installer takes me to a non-existent website. Was I scammed? Does this product have any support at all?

You are not at Akai here. This is just a community, nothing to do with Akai, just some users of Akai products.
We are not paid to help users.

If you want pro support go to Akai website: https://www.akaipro.com/support
By dsy73 Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 am
Alisausks wrote:It took me a while to find the correct plugin folder, but eventually I did.
In my case it was under:

So I scanned the folder vstplugins in my MPC beats app, all plugins came with result "fail", because of that I can not utilize any of my plugin/virtual instrument software.

Is there anyway to fix this issue and make my plugins work? I am manly concerned about Hybrid 3 app.

I think you are trying to scan 32-bit plugins from MPC Beats (64-bit). They are not compatible.
Change your scanned folder by something like C:\Program Files\Steinberg
By 83dude Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:45 pm
dsy73 wrote:
christianvm wrote:I gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with the level of support here. I purchased a new product and clicking one of the links in the installer takes me to a non-existent website. Was I scammed? Does this product have any support at all?

You are not at Akai here. This is just a community, nothing to do with Akai, just some users of Akai products.
We are not paid to help users.

If you want pro support go to Akai website: https://www.akaipro.com/support

Yes, we all are just (most ly) helpful fans of MPCs. And most people complaining HERE about shoddy Akai service obviously never read the forum guidelines as one should - but this is just like the RTFM method that no one understands.

Anyway, yours and similar questions have popped up almost daily in recent weeks, since few care about using the search feature and instead post the same question in essence over and over again.

So please: Get your facts straight before complaining. You also didn‘t specify any info or specs on your potato (Mac, PC), but we could guess it had to be Windows.

Sorry, didn‘t want to moan or to offend you - nobody is born a Pro! I just want to explain why people are exhausted answering the same question over and over again - and why they don‘t answer to your liking. :lol:

Good luck! :smoker:
By GuruVirus Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:28 am
dsy73 wrote:
Alisausks wrote:It took me a while to find the correct plugin folder, but eventually I did.
In my case it was under:

I think you are trying to scan 32-bit plugins from MPC Beats (64-bit). They are not compatible.
Change your scanned folder by something like C:\Program Files\Steinberg

The file path above is Program Files (x86). x86 = 32-bit. MPC 2 and MPC Beats 64-bit do not support 32-bit plugins and never will again. In general I try to not install the 32-bit VSTs (just to save a tiny bit of space and disk writes), but on some legacy AIR installers I ran into issues running the install wizards that were only resolved by checking the boxes for 32-bit. So I can definitely say the support out there in general is very low.

And yes as mentioned above, my 64-bit path is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins

Anyone know why Akai defaults to and creates a Steinberg folder instead of putting everything in Akai Pro/MPC/vstplugins or something like that which would be more relevant? I'm just wondering if Steinberg's VSTs are the industry standard.
By 83dude Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:11 pm
GuruVirus wrote:I'm just wondering if Steinberg's VSTs are the industry standard.

Steinberg developed the VST(i) interface, so yes. „Virtual Steinberg Instruments (or interface?)“, that is.
By dsy73 Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:50 am
83dude wrote:
GuruVirus wrote:I'm just wondering if Steinberg's VSTs are the industry standard.

Steinberg developed the VST(i) interface, so yes. „Virtual Steinberg Instruments (or interface?)“, that is.

The original meaning of VST is "Virtual Studio Technology". I don't think it was changed over years?
The i is "Instrument" because VST are FX.
By 83dude Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 am
dsy73 wrote:
The original meaning of VST is "Virtual Studio Technology". I don't think it was changed over years?
The i is "Instrument" because VST are FX.

Right you are, Sir. I stand corrected.

By quietizkept Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:35 pm
I keep a folder on my C drive, that I regularly empty out, called "VstUnused." Some software installation managers will see a plugin as "not installed" if the 32-bit version is missing. Had this happen for both NI and IZotope products. I install all my 32-bit plugs there, that I'm NOT going to use. I have a few I use with jbridge, but it is hit and miss. Sometimes it shows the GUI, sometimes not, same plugin, same project. Mostly I've gone (kicking and screaming) into full 64-bit. Also, don't try to install both into the same folder. Sometimes they have the exact same names, who knows which one you end up with. I use:

C:\Program Files\VstPlugins for 64-bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins for jbridged 32-bit
and
C:\VstUnused for bullshit.
By GuruVirus Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:32 am
For anyone who purchased software from Akai recently:
The MPC 2 Premier bundle contains a ton of installers that default to:
64-bit: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins
32-bit C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\vstplugins

I didn't have to do anything except accept the defaults. When I did not accept the defaults, the error 83dude mentioned happened: MPC couldn't find the VST.