MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By teknine Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:46 pm
I recently got a MPC studio and loaded the 1.9.7.1 software. Id like to upgrade it version 2 however I'm not interested in buying it since the Beats version is available for free. However when I install it and try to run it I get an error popup that says "MPC Beats quit unexpectedly" and it will not start.
I tried the 2.8.1 trial version and that worked fine, so I'm not sure why Beats doesn't work.
Machine is a Mac with OS 10.9.5. I really can't upgrade the OS as I'm running an older version of Protools that doesn't play well with newer versions. Any idea whats going on here? I appreciate any insight or recommendations.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 am
For some reason Akai don't seem to publish minimum requirements for their software. the last minimum requirements published 3 years ago for the Mpc software were Mac 10.10.

they don't appear to stop you using it in these older machines, but YMMV.

But 10.9.5? That s 4 years since EOL, you really should upgrade
By teknine Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:For some reason Akai don't seem to publish minimum requirements for their software. the last minimum requirements published 3 years ago for the Mpc software were Mac 10.10.

they don't appear to stop you using it in these older machines, but YMMV.

But 10.9.5? That s 4 years since EOL, you really should upgrade

I upgraded my OS to 10.10.5 and still having the same issue. As soon as I launch the app I get MPC Beats quit unexpectedly.
I have a feeling that no matter what OSX version I update to I'll keep getting the same error.
By 83dude Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 am
Unfortunately, Akai doesn‘t hit us with any system requirements at all. So no idea whether 10.10 is sufficient.

Have you tried to plainly reinstall? Did you reinstall after you updated your OS?
By teknine Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:47 am
Well finally got it straightened out. As recommended I upgraded the OS to Sierra 10.12.6 and now both Beats and MPC 2.9 works. Recently bought the new MPC One and had to update. In turn Protools 8 and M-Audio driver stopped working so I upgraded the interface to a Focusrite 18i20 and planning to upgrade to the newest Protools software this week. Didn’t want to spend a bunch of money but it feels good getting away from the older stuff to something more modern.