MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Onlyformpcforum Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:22 pm
I have an Akai mini mpkII and just downloaded MPC Beats.

The mapping is all off. Most of the mini's controls do nothing in the program expect for the top 4 pads, which control random pads in the program.

And when I try to go to Midi Learn to fix it manually, nothing registers from my controller. I will click "Learn" to turn things yellow and select an a pad or knob in the program and then try to click pads or knobs on my controller to assign them, but nothing changes. It is as if it isn't even registering them.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong and I'm not just missing a step because in the MPC Beats tutorials they act as if it is just plug and play for all the midi controls.
By The Ken Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 pm
Onlyformpcforum wrote:The mapping is all off. Most of the mini's controls do nothing in the program expect for the top 4 pads, which control random pads in the program.

There are several ways you can map your pads.

Navigate to "Note Mapping" in the edit program menu to change it.

And when I try to go to Midi Learn to fix it manually, nothing registers from my controller. I will click "Learn" to turn things yellow and select an a pad or knob in the program and then try to click pads or knobs on my controller to assign them, but nothing changes. It is as if it isn't even registering them.

In order for Midi Learn to work with a the controller you are using, the "Control" option needs to be enabled in the Midi/Sync menu in Preferences.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong and I'm not just missing a step because in the MPC Beats tutorials they act as if it is just plug and play for all the midi controls.

You're good. Your midi device will be detected by the software, but there are a lot of possible ways to configure it. The default configuration just lets you know it's working.

Check out the Software manual in the help menu. Ctrl-F ing some of your issues might help you in the future. There are also a ton of previous threads with users getting stuck at this same step with the exact same midi controller. They might help too.