MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By funkycoldmedina Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:29 am
For MPC Beats software, my MPD 218 works as a MIDI controller for the pads. But it doesn't work in Chord Mode. It will still only play single notes. Anyone have a suggestion?
By funkycoldmedina Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:20 pm
I think you may be right. I've tried assigning and all that, but Chord Mode seems to be its own thing, separate from the Midi.

So that leads me to my next question. I am borrowing an MPC Live from someone long-term. I should be able to use the Live to control the beats software, right? But when I hook the Live up, nothing happens. It doesn't read period.

Does anyone have a suggestion or link to a video that shows how to make the Live work with the Beats software? I really more than anything just want to be able to control Chord Mode with a controller-seems like I should be able to use the Live, right???

Thanks!
By The Ken Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:58 am
Pad Perform and Chord mode will work with any controller you can successfully map to pads 1-16 in the midi learn menu. Also make sure that in Midi Settings your controller has the "Control" button selected and not just "Track"

When you get it working please confirm so that we can copy/paste when the next person has the same issue. :-D
By funkycoldmedina Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:45 am
Errrr okay, trying to map here. Looks like my pad 8 sets off both pads 8 and 12. And my pad 12 sets off both pads 12 and 8. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix this so that they are only the individual pads. Any ideas? Thanks! :)
By funkycoldmedina Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:01 am
This MPD situation is total crap. I'm borrowing an MPC Live right now. Can somebody please tell me or show me a video link about how to use the Live as a controller for the Beats software? I can't find anything, and when I try to use it, they are not connecting to each other. Thank you!
By 83dude Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:12 am
funkycoldmedina wrote:This MPD situation is total ****. I'm borrowing an MPC Live right now. Can somebody please tell me or show me a video link about how to use the Live as a controller for the Beats software? I can't find anything, and when I try to use it, they are not connecting to each other. Thank you!

I don‘t think the Live is compatible with MPC Beats - because why should it? It comes with MPC Software.